PDA

View Full Version : Magazine plug to make single shot

Pages : [1] 2

shooterfclass
01-26-2014, 06:03 PM
Hello,
I don't know what it's called and honestly don't expect to find what I'm looking for, but I thought I would ask.
I am looking for a magazine block to replace magazine with to make it perform like a single shot. I want to beable to swap it out with regular magazine as well.
It would be used for a short action accustock. Is there such a thing? And what is it called?
Thank you in advance.

GaryB
01-26-2014, 06:29 PM
I think what you are looking for is called a single shot follower. They can be found on Midway USA and other retailers, just search for "Savage single shot follower".

Good luck
Garyb

shooterfclass
01-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Excellent that will work, thank you very much.

foxx
01-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Check with Sharp Shooter supply

They have a ramp that goes over your existing mag and follower and also a unit that replaces the mag altogether

shooterfclass
01-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Will look into that as well thank you foxx

Uncle H
01-26-2014, 08:25 PM
What model Savage do you have ? Sharp Shooters Supply has the best options, they make a single shot removable clip and the single shot ramps, for the blind box magazines. I found out using the spring out of a blind box mag and removing the follower, the spring holds the single shot ramp in place real well. Here is the setup on my Model 11.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u635/Uncle_HII/DSC_0462_zps932ca2ed.jpg (http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Uncle_HII/media/DSC_0462_zps932ca2ed.jpg.html)

AZ_GUN_NUT
01-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Here you go, best prices I've found when you factor in shipping.

http://www.eabco.com/store/shooting-accessories/bench-rest-magazine-follower/

foxx
01-26-2014, 09:13 PM
The fine print at EABCO website says those do not work with the centerfeed models. I know SSS does.

AZ_GUN_NUT
01-26-2014, 09:26 PM
The fine print at EABCO website says those do not work with the centerfeed models. I know SSS does.

I've read reviews where people with centerfeed mags say they do work, just an FYI.

shooterfclass
01-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Thanks for pic and info Uncle H, that looks great. I originally posted thread with model 11 fcns accustock I have on order in mind. But now I see I can get a setup for blind mags I think I'll try one in my choate tactical with center feed blind magazine as well. For my accustock I think I'll try Fred's model that replaces whole magazine.

shooterfclass
01-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Thanks Az gun nut, I will probably
Order fe eabco.

foxx
01-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Let us know if EABCO works. If it does, they are shooting themselves in the foot saying it doesn't.

shooterfclass
01-27-2014, 01:20 AM
I placed order with eabco, $14.25 shipped, thanks again Azguy! I will report back on how it works in center feed. My model 11 fcns should be here in a week or 2, I will look into a Fred Sled for that soon.

shooterfclass
02-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Well, unfortunately the high skore single shot adaptor didn't work in my Stevens 200 LA centerfeed blind magazine.

J.Baker
02-02-2014, 05:47 AM
I've read reviews where people with centerfeed mags say they do work, just an FYI.

SSS has always carried the Hi-Score followers for the old staggered feed models. Do you really think Fred would have gone to all the trouble of designing and writing the machine code program to make something different if the Hi-Scores worked in the center feeds? :rolleyes:

Then again, anything can be Bubba'd to work if you have a Dremel, duct-tape and epoxy.

shooterfclass
02-02-2014, 09:53 AM
I may just hafta try the Bubba'd thing, will wait until I get a replacement blind mag first though.

AZ_GUN_NUT
02-02-2014, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't do any modifications to the mag if that's what you're thinking. I know some of the reviews on Midway said it fit and worked on come centerfeed mags and some said it didn't. Maybe just trimming the edges of the EBCO follower so it can sit higher in the mag body is all that's needed? You said it didn't work, is that what's going on it's not sitting high enough for the rounds to get picked up?

shooterfclass
02-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Its not just a matter of not sitting high enough, it is the design of the center feed in general. Sense when you load a centerfeed mag it has to be pushed down through the pinched lips the round is not gonna sit right. Unlike a stagger feed which would be wide enough for a round to just sit on top.

AZ_GUN_NUT
02-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Its not just a matter of not sitting high enough, it is the design of the center feed in general. Sense when you load a centerfeed mag it has to be pushed down through the pinched lips the round is not gonna sit right. Unlike a stagger feed which would be wide enough for a round to just sit on top.

Well unless you have to do that for the Fred's sled then I'm baffled? How would the Fred Sled work any differently?

Edit: Disregard, I see Fred's is a complete magazine replacement unit, not just a follower. So can you use the Ebco this way as well??? Do not use the magazine but rather use the Ebco ramp and somehow secure it to the receiver?

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/images/Accessories/CF_Follower3.jpg

shooterfclass
02-02-2014, 01:41 PM
I could probably rig something up by modifying the blind magazine, just want to get a replacement first.