PDA

View Full Version : Requests for Boyds' stocks

durango
03-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Recently, there have been several members looking for and lamenting the fact that Boyds' Thumbhole varminter is not currently available for the Savage rifles. On Feb 10, 2010, Boyds' posted a request for suggestions and requests on their advertisers section of this site.

As of this date, not one request for the varminter has been posted. If we (Savage Shooters) don't get on there and speak up, we may have to start buying Remchesters or some other obscure brand if we want to use their stocks.

I'm adding mine right now-please join me. Steve

pdog06
03-08-2010, 01:32 AM
good point! I didnt add it in the thread, but I did send them a pm here on the site 2 days ago asking them this very question. Have yet to hear back from them. With it being the weekend i am hoping to get a response tomorrow.

rjtfroggy
03-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I just added mine. I had already mentioned it when on the phone with them but now it is in writing.

okey
03-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I have a SS model 12 204 with a thumbhole stock. I bought another model 12 with tupperware stock this weekend with plans on replacing it with a thumbhole style. I saw the Ross Featherweight Thumbhole and thought it was the same thing. Is it different than my BGTVS stock?

Thanks
Okey

rjtfroggy
03-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Well I guess I was a lucky one. I ordered a stock on a Sunday over the internet and received it on Thursday, ordered a second one on that Wednesday and received that one the following Tuesday, second one over the phone talking to a very pleasant lady. Both arrived beautifully finished with little to no clean up on the inletting.
Going by my experience with them I would recommend them to anyone.

durango
03-13-2010, 10:41 PM
rjtfroggy--Did you get thumbhole varminters? Or something else?--Steve

rjtfroggy
03-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Thumbhole feather weights watch the screw spacing they only make 4.250 and the newer actions are 4.40.

cornstalker
03-14-2010, 09:31 PM
My request was answered with a token "not now, maybe later" response. I am not encouraged enough to wait for it.

I shall seek another vendor.

Good idea, but it somewhat appears to have fallen upon deaf ears.....

hunter2
03-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Talked to them last year at the NRA conv.. The fellow didn't know much of what was going on and gave mw a number to call. Was wanting some heavy thumbholes for different brands of guns. Not enough interest at this time - maybe later. OK, what about a group buy? Maybe later.......Looks like they are letting a good market slip by. Even e-mails get little reaction from them.

cornstalker
03-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Maybe I should email them and ask them if they would listen to us in group buy mode. I suppose we would have to have our number figured out before I hit 'em up. I ain't too sceered to pitch it if anyone is interested.

I am a little disgusted with the response and do not feel overly compelled to chase it, but there does not appear to be a surplus of options available for us with the stunted 4.25" piece. ;)

durango
04-08-2010, 10:26 PM
All of you who were looking for the thumbhole varminter--they're back for a short run--better get your order in!! Mine was ordered last Tuesday. Steve

hunter2
04-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Too late! Checked this morning and they are gone. No Savage varmints left............. :'(

Deserthunter
04-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Somethings dreadfully wrong with this Company........... If there is no demand for Savage thumbhole heavy (also left-handers) varmint stocks, they why are the continually sold OUT? There is a story we aren't hearing here..... I can't believe a company would willingly turn down guaranteed "SOLD" stocks for any reason..... Count your blessings and stay away from them.....
The demand is there, they simply will not build them... WHY? -- Anyone have an answer??????

durango
04-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Sure don't know the answer, but my suspicion is that they're doing factory stocks and plug in a few for retail when a run closes out. I saw the ad about 10:00am and came home and ordered during my lunch break--tried to get them to pull mine off the line as an unfinished, but no can do--or--won't., Steve

hunter2
04-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Contacted Boyds by e-mail to see when they would run any more. ( don't know ) How many would it take for a group buy? ( 100 or 300 ) If one of the others is returned, i'll let you know. As many people that want to buy stocks - ??????? looks like Stocky will get some business....

wbm
04-14-2010, 01:03 PM
How about Stockys?