PDA

View Full Version : Hey Frank !

bythebook
01-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Just wondering if you had a back room or a little shed maybe the better half and I could move into until this cold weather moves out? The wife and I both have caught this flu bug going around and I am too weak to go down to my shop in the basement, haven't been there in 4 days. This getting old is a bunch of crap.

fgw_in_fla
01-26-2014, 09:35 AM
First of all...
I really don't want to hear about getting old(er). I'm having a very difficult time realizing I am no longer 27 yrs old & almost..... almost... (ulp)..... 6-0.
Second, y'all c'mon down. Kick yo shoes off. Set a spell. Leave that friggin flu up there. There's a sign at the state line. The word "FLU" with a red circle around it & a line thru it. *NO FLU ALLOWED* - EVER...

Lastly, leave any temperature below 55* at night / over 78* daytime up there. We like it a bit tepid here during winter. Lately its been chilly at night. The occasional 35* temps really suck banana skins. It took me 2 days to find the winter coat I own. The same one I brought down with me when I left Long Island, NY.
In 1978...
Otherwise, Don't forget your rifles, camo gear, knives, etc. When you get to the Osceola County line, look for the Indian. He'll be in traditional Seminole garb. He can show you the way.

scope eye
01-26-2014, 10:09 AM
bythebook, It is probably not a good Idea to consort with certain members, present company excluded, no good can come of this.

anonymous

fgw_in_fla
01-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Lotta big talk from a guy that moved from a lousy state to a lousier, worser state...

You can come too Deano. Bring your favorite caliber. See first hand how we do it in Florida.
Without snow. And sub-arctic temps. And restrictive laws. And AR15 / AK47's with full capacity mags.
I'll even let you torch off a 30rd mag from an AK if you so desire.
The velocity of the Russian mil-surp ammo may not be up to your liking but its still fun, just the same.

scope eye
01-26-2014, 10:39 AM
I just might take you up on that offer, I was hoping that anonymous sig would have thrown you off.LOL

Spanky

fgw_in_fla
01-26-2014, 11:06 AM
You just ought to be glad I don't have any feelings. You may have hurt them.

Besides, a day here without harassment is like a day without sunshine for me. It's better than what the 'ol lady says to me. By a long shot...

drybean
01-26-2014, 11:18 AM
what time does the party start ?

drybean

bythebook
01-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Frank you are not old I will be 69 next month, been retired 6 years. I do believe I am starting to get a handle on this flu thing, as far as the temp goes the temp around here has been anywhere from -14 at night to 9 during the day, it is supposed to get to 23 today but back down to -10 tonight and a high of -2 Mon or Tue . I have a BIL that lives in Jacksonville but I haven't been to his place.

Scope since I have retired a lot of people avoid me as I dealt with a lot of unsavory people and it did not end up too good for them. I don't go out much as I am really sort of a loner. When I worked selling for a car dealership a fellow I went school with came in and he asked my manager how I did and my boss said he does good, my friend said surprises me I went all through school with him and never heard him say more than 4 words. But when you are forced to make a living for your family you have to expand.

fgw_in_fla
01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
what time does the party start ?

drybean

Its continuous...
Just like a floor show...

I need a nap. All this talk about being old made me tired.
I'm gone.
For a while.

SFLEFTY
01-26-2014, 01:31 PM
I hope I don't get that ornery when I get old. Oh wait, I am (ask my wife) and I am (65 anyway). Lately I've been experimenting with new ways for old people to end up at the ER. It's very interesting. It's not that cold here, the lowest so far was only about -30. Luckily, the wind has stayed down to under 40 most of the time. You have to be a moron to willingly move back here, but luckily I have my life membership card. You said it Uncle Jack, it's harder when you're stupid. You need to join in here I think and tell us youngsters to behave.

fgw_in_fla
01-26-2014, 02:41 PM
I really think you guys are making up those temperature numbers. That's about 4 degrees cooler than hell in February. Is this part of that global warming thing I keep hearing about?

Just wondering.
No, wait..... It's now called "climate change." As if we don't know the earth has been coming out of an ice age for the past 500 quadrillion years or so.

rsh4364
01-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Remember guys 65 is the new 55,Ill turn 50 in a few months,so really 40.haha..I still like to smoke my tires and drive fast,my GF thinks im 25 lol..

fgw_in_fla
01-26-2014, 03:07 PM
I've always enjoyed living my life like I never aged beyond 35 or so.
I keep my hair long - very little grey so far. Wear hip clothes. I hate wearing a suit. I keep saying the next time anyone sees me in a suit I'll be in a box with my hands folded on my chest. Still own a pair of Jesus sandals from the late 60's. Wear my cowboy boots when its 98 degrees out.
Think young. Feel young.

And then....
One day you wake up & your arthritis reminds you cold weather is bad. Can't have too much coffee - BP gets too hi. Gotta give up smoking. I'd give $50,000 to be able to pee when I want to.
I won't even go into sex. It's a real "touchy" subject...

rsh4364
01-26-2014, 03:27 PM
LMAO over this one,we went from bad weather to Franks sex life 0-60 in 2 seconds haha.

fgw_in_fla
01-26-2014, 03:36 PM
What's a sex life?
I think I read about something like that back in the 90's.....

rsh4364
01-26-2014, 04:19 PM
haha.