PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning/work box

ShawneeB
01-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Couldn't see not using up some pine scraps left from a mess of bluebird houses I made. Soooo, knocked a box together. Still needs padding in th U's though. I kinda use things I have or available to me, hate to waste stuff,, the stain is made from black walnut hulls (the outer green part), iron (for the mordant) water, then reduced.

BTW, little bottle Lucas gun oil in there, first time I tried it. Upon application I like it. Not oily thin stuff but goes on very nicely and "fills".

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/Hermit54/gun%20stuff/IMG_20140125_1605171.jpg

bootsmcguire
01-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Looks good. Always good to see another fella with MacGyver type skills.

I have some of that Lucas too. I like it, a lil goes a long ways. I saw it on the shelf and thought "I put their oil stabilizer in my engines, why not put lucas on my guns too." glad I did.

ShawneeB
01-25-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks Boots. I enjoy making things vs buying them. Yes, very impressed with the Lucas and it does go a long way, 3/8" size drop on a patch covered a whole barreled action and suppressor easily. Not that shiny wet look like many gun oils either. There was a display at the auto parts store :)