PDA

View Full Version : Rimfire New-to-me Savage 1911

mh434
01-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Just got a Savage Model 1911 as part trade for an old Colt 1911. The stock had been broken, but repaired (quite well, actually - looks like wood glue & brass pegs), but unfortunately the original trigger guard is gone, and has been replaced by what looks suspiciously like a Cooey one.

I do a lot of metal fabrication, and can probably make one, but just in case - I know it's a looooong shot...anyone here know of anybody or anyplace that might have parts? My Google-Fu hasn't produced any results so far!

Sav22
01-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Don't know of any parts at the moment but the Model 1904 & 1905 used the same trigger guard which might help with your search. Winchester had some models with very similar looking trigger guards but they did not have a hole in them to access the rear mounting screw like the Savage. The 1911 was one very interesting design but the stocks were very weak at the wrist and all I have seen have at least had cracks, because that is almost normal, I would rather see a repaired original that to see a replacement. I had an old 1904 stock at one time but I don't think it had the trigger guard - I will have to try and find it to see.

Mad Dog
01-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Same here, I've got a spare 1905 stock but no trigger guard on it.

Saw a guy selling a 1911 tube the other day as well, almost bought it as a spare for mine.