PDA

View Full Version : .308 federal smk 168g

buxman66
01-24-2014, 06:31 PM
I've visited several of my sources looking for some, but none is in stock.
natchez, palmetto state armory,midwayusa, local gun shops, dicks sporting goods, gander mountain. .....nobody seems to have any. Anybody got any sources?

fgw_in_fla
01-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Time to start making your own?...
Are you on the "cheaper than dirt" mailing list? I get an email from them 2-3 times a week with all different ammo sales. Todays was .22LR I think.
Try J&G sales, too.

yobuck
01-24-2014, 06:48 PM
how far are you from sierra? i say that because at the factory store you will get them.
they will also have barrels of seconds in every bullet they make which can be bought by the pound.
in person sales only no mail order. thats all i use on prairie dogs and general plinking and i see no difference in performance

buxman66
01-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! I totally forgot about CTD. they've got it in stock. But at $38 a box of 20. It'll only be 1 box.
I'm setting up this rifle for a shtf type scenario as well as plinking/range use. If I can nail down the
weight grain that this rifle likes i would like to find a cheaper alternative in that same weight. Im not looking into reloading at present but i admit i might be looking into that in the future.
If anybody has experience with decent performance factory loaded ammo, that would be a cheaper alternative,I'm all ears.

LoneWolf
01-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Try the Nosler Custom Comps too. They ran well in my 26" McGowen 10 twist. I actually just got 3 boxes in of the 175gr Custom Comps. going to use for my first reloading experience. Same stat's as the SMK's, so I will see.

eddiesindian
01-24-2014, 08:19 PM
wow...$38 bucks?.....high end for sure.
i love the stuff......but at prices like those?....
Ive got all the known components that make up that ammo including the brass and start rolling my own. Ive chronograph,d the factory ammo and have there speeds at my altitude. Sure would like to see the same results as federals gold match stuff.