PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mk. 2 GXP questions

Bananahands
01-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this question is on the board somewhere but I only have a 15 minutes for my break.

I'm probably going to buy a Mk. 2 GXP in a few days but want to know if it has the accutrigger. The Savage website doesn't list the model at all but the regular Mk. 2 has it.

Can an accutrigger be added later (it will be a brand new rifle) or is there an aftermarket mod/equivalent?

Also, what scope is included? All I can find is that it is a 4x30, maybe? I don't need super accuracy but it would be nice to hit what I point at.

Thanks!
Mike

fartsinpublic
01-24-2014, 11:43 PM
If it is a "retailer spec" rifle (they are ordered to a store's particular setup) and not shown on the Savage site, it may or may not have the AccuTrigger, but considering that all new Mark II's have the E-Receiver, the rimfire AccuTrigger can likely be added afterwards. I would ask the seller whether the AccuTrigger is included in the spec, and what kind of $20 scope it is. Yeah, those spec-built/package rifles don't usually put "good stuff" on, they tend to troll their bargain bins and tart them up.

In my opinion, and not to dissuade you, but you're likely better off ordering a Mark II FVT from GB or somewhere similar, then mounting a decent scope of your own (and til then, shoot the peeps!) and keeping a close eye on Boyd's for their stock specials. If you aren't a peeper, the FV or FV-SR are good bases to build upon. Good luck either way...

Bananahands
01-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Thank you for the reply and please don't worry about dissuading me. I'll take a look at the FTV if I see one in person but it may be a little out of my price range. I would like to give peep sights a go though.

I did take another look at the GXP and it doesn't have the accutrigger but I forgot to look at the scope. I'm assuming it is a "retailer spec" as you mentioned, from Dick's if that makes a difference. I'm sure it isn't a great scope but maybe it will suit my purposes ("recycling" cans) while I get used to gun ownership.

Plenty to think about, maybe Bass Pro has a better selection, and ammo....

Mike