PDA

View Full Version : I think I am going to switch mounts. Getting a Leupold to Replace my EGW 20MOA,

triehl27
01-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Well I tried a 20MOA EGW mount on my model 10 308, and really am not liking it.

I am thinking I am going to go back to my Leupold mount system like I have on my Rem700. Anyone else use the Leupold system?

Will probably just get rid of the EGW mount.

Hotolds442
01-23-2014, 03:17 PM
I use the Leupolds on most of my Savage rifles. They're fine for general hunting purposes, plinking, and normal range shooting. My long range gun uses the 20MOA EGW, and I'll be adding that mount to another rifle soon.

emtrescue6
01-23-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm like Hotolds442, I use EGW rails and Warne rings on all of my target rifles...but my hunting stuff mostly gets Warne rings and bases...I have a couple rifles using Lupy's...they are OK, but not my favorites.

RP12
01-23-2014, 03:49 PM
I prefer low and light, so I go with Weaver mounts when I can. NTAC.

pitsnipe
01-24-2014, 10:32 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what don't you like about the 20 moa egw? Like emtrescue6 I have an egw (20 moa) with warne rings (QD) solid as a rock, and really like being able to remove the scope and put it back on and maintain zero.
Have the leupy bases on a couple of old Winchesters. But after going to a one piece pic rail base. Wont go back to the two piece. Just too much versatility in the pic rail.

Snipe

triehl27
01-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Well part of my issue, is my holes aren't straight. So I need more gross windage adjustment. Secondly the EGW was ordered when this build was on the board as a 28" heavy barrel.

It started actual life as a 16.5" X 1" heavy barrel. So 20MOA wasn't needed. And when I was having difficulty with the Base lining up, I tried everything else before figuring it out. So I even went and switched scopes from my Remington which is the 18MOA Leuapold mount, but same distance between the rings, easy swap.

In the end I figured out that the holes werent straight and also that the scope was bad. So i just kept the Leaupold mount on and get some high rings for a Super Sniper.