PDA

View Full Version : B&C Medalist stock for 308 Hog Hunter

chas
01-23-2014, 05:46 AM
Hello all;

I am a total newb' to posting on websites and to bolt guns in general but I have a question that I hope some experienced Savage shooters can help me with.

I have been looking for information on a B&C Medalist (Vertical Grip Tactical Style) for my Hog Hunter or any non-bench rest/ non-sniper style stock. Do B&C make a Medalist specifically for the Hog Hunter (I couldn't find one on their website). Should I buy the heavy barreled version, or do I get the standard barrel contour and open it up to accept the medium contour barrel of the Hog Hunter?

I was quite disappointed in the groups my Hog Hunter shot (open sights). I would really like a better stock that is still handy enough to move around the woods on foot without becoming a heat casualty! LOL.

I am also looking for a good base and quick detach rings for the Hog Hunter. I plan to mount a Leupold VX•R 2-7x33mm with the ballistic fireDot reticle on it. The primary purpose of the rifle will be deer hunting/ impressing my jealous friends.

Your suggestion and guidance would be appreciated.

buxman66
01-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Research my friend. Stocky's, boyd's, stockade's, choate. .....many different manufacturers. Some w/a wait, and some w/ a looong wait! Best way to weigh the options the manufacturers state of each of their stocks. Do the research. People's impressions of grip, fore ends,....etc. varies. Settle on a specific or several vendors, and ask the pertinent questions of each. Not intending to be curt w/ my response, but do your own research as to what your looking for.you know what your wanting, find one that fits your bill, then ask the questions that you have. Hope this helps ya.

badmutha6
03-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Hey man, I have the exact same setup just w a diff optic. I'll tell you its a little on the heavy side but that I absolutely love the rifle in this stock. It becomes a 10lb rifle when you are done. If you are ok with that, I don't think you will be disappointed. You will need the heavy barrel option because the HH has a heavy barrel on it already.

2footroper
03-23-2014, 09:04 AM
I just watched Stocky's video on the B C line and nowhere does it show anything available for my 111 LRH rifle.

BoilerUP
03-23-2014, 09:08 AM
I just watched Stocky's video on the B C line and nowhere does it show anything available for my 111 LRH rifle.

Nope...B&C is VERY light on 110 long action stocks and pretty much nonexistent on long action centerfeed DBM stocks.