PDA

View Full Version : 17 Winchester Super Magnum 20 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point (discontinued)????

Crockett
01-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Was on midway's site and they have the Winchester Super-X Ammunition 17 Winchester Super Magnum 20 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point ammo listed as discontinued.

Could this be why no one has seen any of this yet?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/124319/winchester-super-x-ammunition-17-winchester-super-magnum-20-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-box-of-50

scope eye
01-22-2014, 11:24 AM
WOW I hope not.

Dean

gsperaz
01-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Look at your Bmag owners manual, page 25. I believe there is a chambering issue due to the shorter bullet over all length.
Once we see some new rifles chambered for the 17WSM, we may see the HP ammo released.

Crockett
01-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Look at your Bmag owners manual, page 25. I believe there is a chambering issue due to the shorter bullet over all length.
Once we see some new rifles chambered for the 17WSM, we may see the HP ammo released.

you would think with just a little plastic tip missing it would chamber just fine, but why discontinue it if Winchester was offering a single shot rifle anyhow and with some semi autos already coming out.

gsperaz
01-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Maybe not discontinued, just not released at this time. If the 17WSM is a joint venture between Savage and Winchester it is in their best interest to hold off on the HP ammo if it could cause more problems. Just my 2 cents.
In addition no one (those outside the editing gun world) has even seen or received a Winchester single shot. From what I understand only a few were made for the release of the 17 WSM. A guy on one of these forums has had one on order since it hit Winchesters web site, no gun yet. Time will tell.....I sure would like some.