PDA

View Full Version : Need tacticol stock ideas for savage 111 with bull contour

GOODWIN
01-22-2014, 10:27 AM
I have a savage 111 with McGowan bull contour and DBM; Long story short I think I jacked up my Boyd's tacticool stock. I pillar bedded it but I think I got one of them slightly off-center somehow. I inletted the forearm to fit the bull contour but the barrel now does not run exactly straight in the channel (maybe a mm or two off). I'm not sure how this will affect accuracy. I started with the tacticool (cheap route) knowing I'd probably want to soon upgrade anyhow. So what are some other options? Was looking at the Choate tactical online. I do like the idea of the aluminum bedding block and pillars (I'd rather not try and pillar bed another, haha). I'd like to stay in the $300 and under range if possible. Thanks.

foxx
01-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Not answering your question, I know, but it is no big deal to just re-bed it. Dremel it out a bit and try again. I've had to more than once.

3x is a charm? lol

I am getting better at it. :)

RP12
01-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Not answering your question, I know, but it is no big deal to just re-bed it. Dremel it out a bit and try again. I've had to more than once.

3x is a charm? lol

I am getting better at it. :)What he said.

RiverSink
01-24-2014, 11:01 PM
Yepp ^^^^^^

FW Conch
01-25-2014, 09:57 AM
When you rebed it, put tape around the barrel at the front end of the stock, the same diameter as the barrel channel in the stock. This should insure the barrel stays centered in the channel as the bedding compound dries. ;-))