PDA

View Full Version : Boyd tacticool vs Bell&Carlson medalist for tactical match

The_Agent_
01-21-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm looking for a new stock for my M11 Hog Hunter in 308, my plan is to build a tactical match rifle out of it for the coming year. Im looking at either a Boyd Tacticool or a bell&carlson medalist, i plan to do a DBM conversion so i can just drop the mag between stages and not have to worry about trying to unload the blind box.

RiverSink
01-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Tacticool

snowgetter1
01-25-2014, 02:47 AM
Had medalist once, but the grip area seemed to large for me. Sold it. I have a tacticool now and really like it a lot.

The_Agent_
01-27-2014, 06:01 PM
i'll scoop up the tacticool since it seems to have a good rep and cant really beat the price. Would i need to do an type of bedding with it or is it pretty solid out the box?

futurerider103
01-27-2014, 07:45 PM
I asked this same queston basically and got nothing. In glad someone else is getting info. I had a mark II TR(practically the same stock) that I sold to fund my .308 build and I absolutely loved the stock. Everything about it.
I'm still on the fence between Tacticool or medalist.
I really like the fact about the Medalist being full aluminum bedded and being it's not wood I think it would be more durable

Sgtdww504
01-27-2014, 08:05 PM
I just finished mounting my tacticool stock on my HogHunter and I like it alot

The_Agent_
01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
i like the full length aluminum bedding as well, for the durability and over all stiffness. Only issue I really see is getting it inlet for the DBM, i emailed B&C and was told it will void the warranty, so im hoping maybe they will start doing inlet jobs from the factory as some point.