PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Scope question...so sue me!

COplains
01-21-2014, 04:00 AM
Has anyone tried or have any first hand experience with the Lucid L5 scope? The new "Cross-Over" looks promising although it still has the 1/8 MOA turret adjustment. I'm looking to put this on a 110GXP wood stocked 7mm RM. Mouting dimensions for the scope are 5.5" useable area for the rings...I have a EGW 20MOA rail coming so that should not be a problem to fit up with the long action. The rifle will serve dual purpose.....how far can I shoot accurately for fun and varmint/antelope hunting. I make a jerky from antelope meat that will have you drooling from a mile away. And coyote eradication is just plain fun although my .223 usually takes prime spot.

Just as a side note....while Savage is not known for exceptional wood stocks, this rifle (picked up used about 3 wks ago) not only looks great with a little clean up but the fit is really great. The rifle has the 24" sporter bbl that I will eventually swap out for a larger one so that I can mount a muzzle brake. The current muzzle dia is 0.550" and too small to thread on a brake. I'm hoping to find a barrel large enough for the brake, but not so large I can't sand the stock to fit and run out of wood. Synthetic stock will probably come someday but for now, I like the looks of the rifle as is. I'll post some pic's once I have a few more goodies in play. It's nothing special, just a sweet looking rig I hope to hit what I aim at around 800 yards or so. My old tired eyes think that's about the limit.

Thanks for any information you can offer. kb

pdog06
01-21-2014, 07:24 AM
should probably be moved to the optics section.

COplains
01-21-2014, 02:03 PM
oops....good point. Chalk it up to brain damage.