PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Know What Happened to the Tikka Forum?

Roger SS
01-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Tikkashooters.com

Click on Forums and get an error message. No forums. What happened?

fgw_in_fla
01-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Working fine here.
Did you get someone a little miffed at you & maybe they blocked you?

http://www.tikkashooters.com/public_html/index.php

By the way, what's a tikka?...

SFLEFTY
01-21-2014, 01:56 PM
He even spelled it with a small T!

fgw_in_fla
01-21-2014, 02:11 PM
How about like this?

Тикка...

Or,
If you prefer -

טיקה

Roger SS
01-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Working fine here.
Did you get someone a little miffed at you & maybe they blocked you?

http://www.tikkashooters.com/public_html/index.php

By the way, what's a tikka?...

That's impossible as I just joined the forum the day before and of course said nothing offensive or inappropriate to anyone. That's not in my nature anyway.
Tikka? Well, that's a high quality sporting rifle made in Finland. Unique thing is, it has a cold hammer forged barrel that contributes greatly to outstanding accuracy, not even to mention lifetime durability. The trigger is incredible. Very lightweight and ergonomically excellent!
Surprised you haven't heard of it. Oh well, Savage ain't half bad either.

ShawneeB
01-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Maybe someones :rofl:"ticked"

Roger SS
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Maybe someones :rofl:"ticked"

Well, in that case, they'd be "tikked".

Don't know why. I have only great things to say about Tikka rifles. As does anyone who has ever fired them.

Roger SS
01-21-2014, 09:37 PM
BTW guys...just kidding about "Savage ain't half bad either" Almost everybody knows Savage is one of the best rifles out there. Not as many people are as aware of Tikka. It's been quite an amazing discovery for me.

ShawneeB
01-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Tikked, good one! Yes, Tikka is a fine rifle, never ever heard a bad word on them. Finns know how to make them. I've still got an old M39 Finn, Sako factory, 1944 all matching. I'll never apart with it. For those don't know, the Finns captured old Mosin 91-30's however the only thing not completely replaced is the receiver, bolt and magazine assy.

Roger SS
01-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Tikked, good one! Yes, Tikka is a fine rifle, never ever heard a bad word on them. Finns know how to make them. I've still got an old M39 Finn, Sako factory, 1944 all matching. I'll never apart with it. For those don't know, the Finns captured old Mosin 91-30's however the only thing not completely replaced is the receiver, bolt and magazine assy.
Very cool. Tikka is a brand of Sako as you know. They just did some things to make them more affordable to the average guy. But compromising accuracy was not one of them. Every Tikka rifle is guaranteed to shoot 1 MOA out of the box at 100 yards.

ShawneeB
01-22-2014, 03:38 PM
I almost bought a Tikka in 243, no secret to me how awesome they are. I probably still will at some point. My FFL allows me a decent price on them:p too. Vanguard MOA is also garunteeing 1 MOA, seems a few are. Savage could! ANyway, got the Stevens 200 in 243 instead and already have a Howa who makes Weatherby receivers. It's a good rifle too.

Uncle Jack
01-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Website seems to be working fine now.

uj

Roger SS
01-22-2014, 06:15 PM
I almost bought a Tikka in 243, no secret to me how awesome they are. I probably still will at some point. My FFL allows me a decent price on them:p too. Vanguard MOA is also garunteeing 1 MOA, seems a few are. Savage could! ANyway, got the Stevens 200 in 243 instead and already have a Howa who makes Weatherby receivers. It's a good rifle too.

Awesome. Those sound like other good options in a very good caliber. Myself, I'm intrigued with 7mm rounds. I like how flat flying they are and of course the BC at the target even at very long distances. Hit really hard. Also like the bullet weights. I think it'll turn out to be the perfect caliber for me. I want to hunt wild boar, deer at distances of over 200 yards.

Roger SS
01-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Website seems to be working fine now.

uj
As it does for everyone else except for me. Very frustrating and disappointing. I'm trying to research and decide whether to add another Tikka to the line-up.
I spoke with the tikkashooters.com staff. They were very friendly and tried to help but they have no idea what the problem is. I was not blocked.
I can access every component of the website except for the forums.
Well, I'm sure it's good but the truth is there is no other bolt action rifle forum that even comes close to Savage Shooters in terms of the level of detailed vast info and knowledgeable members regarding precision long range shooting and the rifles that do it.

David_4
01-23-2014, 11:34 PM
Beretta owns Sako and Tikka among others.

ShawneeB
01-24-2014, 12:15 AM
Yes I like those 7 mm rounds too, all of them. 2 shoulder surgeries and 59 years has me shooting "lighter" these days! I had a Fn Mauser, Shilen, Timney, Fajen, Varix3 Leup back around 84,, in 7.61 Sharp and Hart. Pretty close to 7 rem mag, could even use the brass but a bit tight cause thicker base. No sweat, Norma made ammo, I reloaded for it. Awesome rifle and round.

Got an extra 30-06 NIB Stevens 200. I'm probably going to re-barrel 6.5 Swede. That will be my big gun!