PDA

View Full Version : Hogue Stock for Left Hand Rifle?

at4rxj
01-20-2014, 12:51 PM
Has anyone had luck modifying a hogue stock to work with a left handed rifle? Long action 110, staggered feed. It doesn't seem like this would be that hard, but I'm curious if anyone has tried it. Does anyone have a picture they can post of the bolt area on a right handed rifle in a Hogue stock?

They make both pillar bed and full bed stocks. Any reason one would be easier than the other?

Thanks in advance!

foxx
01-20-2014, 01:18 PM
I don't see why bedding would make it any more difficult to do.

One issue with converting it over would be the fact the stock has a rubber coating to it, which is nice, but filling the bolt cut-out on the right side would be challenging because of the rubber coating. Can't figure how you would match that up so it looks good. If you're looking for a practical utility rifle, that may not be a big deal. Maybe you could coat that area with some kind of spray-on rubber coating like the stuff they advertise on TV for sealing leaks. Just brainstorming.

SFLEFTY
01-20-2014, 02:11 PM
Or just leave it.

at4rxj
01-20-2014, 02:16 PM
I would probably just leave the cutout on the right side of the stock... My concern is what would be required to make the bolt close on the left side. Would it be as simple as making the little round cutout where it's recessed, or am I missing something else?

Hotolds442
01-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Simple as that. What you do with the cutout on the wrong side of the stock is totally up to you.