PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 FCP-K --Choate--Range

eddiesindian
01-19-2014, 11:54 PM
This is why I love living in the great Texas Southwest.

Ive got permanent steel targets dug in concrete all over the canyon ranging from all sizes. Smallest is a 5"X3" and the largest 16"X16". Ive got them set from 100 out to 1300 @ 100 yds incremints. I have electronic targets as well that advise me of hits from 9 out to 13.
The possiblities are endless. Its alot of work building/cutting/welding the targets and then hauling concrete/pics/shovels, the digging and burrying the targets but its well worth it. there camo,d so well there hard to spot/find for pricks to steel.http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/eddies880/limoncalender010_zpsc6526320.jpg

I finished laying down 2 more targets saturday,then went shooting sunday, hit both @ 1000 and 1100...sure is alot of fun but Im one tired sob.
When I get a chance, Ill take pics of targets

missed
01-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Nice!!

eddiesindian
01-20-2014, 11:55 AM
thanks miss,d.
My portable shooting bench is worse for wear but it does the job. My body doesnt take well to using shooting mats anymore. My neck and shoulders are spent from being a cert. Ford tech for 35yrs. The last time I used a mat, it took at least a couple to 3 days to get the creak out of my neck.
The K model is doing well with the 175,s.

fgw_in_fla
01-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Nice looking rig. Real nice range, too. Almost reminds me of Florida.
Except there's no palm trees. And palmetto bushes. And we ain't got no mountains. Or rocks. We got bugs but no rocks...

Yep.... Reminds me of Florida.

Good luck with your endeavor. When can we all come by for a shoot and a barbeque?

eddiesindian
01-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Nice looking rig. Real nice range, too. Almost reminds me of Florida.
Except there's no palm trees. And palmetto bushes. And we ain't got no mountains. Or rocks. We got bugs but no rocks...

Yep.... Reminds me of Florida.

Good luck with your endeavor. When can we all come by for a shoot and a barbeque?

from sept to dec is perfect for shooting at that canyon. april to mid sept is blazing HOT.....too feken hot..then feb to mid may is windy...but it is what it is. Have to learn to play in mother natures elements. been out there when it was 25dg with boogers running down my nose and face. went out when it was 110dg. went out in 30 mph winds. all for the sake of adapting/adjusting and learning.
You,d have a great time here. No bugs either. elevation is at 4200-4400ft. Everythings all set up, we set up metal swingers from 2 out to 500 for open sight 223/308 as well. we have 1" piping buried in specific locations as well as to place American wind flags/poles.
Almost every sunday, you,ll have at least 3-6 shooters sending rds out at this spot. We even have a specific target placed right under 1 mile for a couple of shooting buddies who shoot 50 BMG.
I prefer shooting at the canyon than at the local range but the distance to the canyon is a bit longer than the range.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/eddies880/limoncalender003_zps909d3088.jpg

fgw_in_fla
01-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Wow...
That last photo says it all.
I think I see a good place for the fire pit.

I can shoot 1 mile with my beloved 30.06...
I just have to hold it on a 48.273 degree angle & lean into the wind a little.

eddiesindian
01-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Wow...
That last photo says it all.
I think I see a good place for the fire pit.

I can shoot 1 mile with my beloved 30.06...
I just have to hold it on a 48.273 degree angle & lean into the wind a little.

lololol..I see youve got your ballistics dailed in a?........right on man!

fgw_in_fla
01-20-2014, 07:09 PM
You gotta know your weapon & it'll serve you well...

eddiesindian
01-20-2014, 07:13 PM
You gotta know your weapon & it'll serve you well...

roger that.................

CharlieNC
01-21-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm jealous. Wish we had some open, public areas like that here in NC. Well we do but they're covered with a lot of water and not suitable for targets.

missed
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm jealous. Wish we had some open, public areas like that here in NC. Well we do but they're covered with a lot of water and not suitable for targets.

Floating targets!

CharlieNC
01-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Now that's a good idea. But I'll need to steer clear of the AR toting park rangers.

eddiesindian
01-22-2014, 12:14 PM

Ive been living in southwest tx all my life and "for me"?......its the place to be. sure it gets its seasonal blowing winds and dust, but Its pefect for certain hobbies.
The canyon is perfect for shooting, but the drive there is a bit harsh. About 5 miles of dirt rd to get there plays havic on suspension components