PDA

View Full Version : Best Stock for a 110 LA

Big Smitty
01-19-2014, 01:31 PM
I am building a 110 LA blind magazine, so no DBM, in 30-06. Can you guys recommend the best after market stock. I am looking for light weight composite standard contour sporter barrel. The other issue is availability as some stocks are hard to come by. The rifle will be used for hunting. Thanks!

blackbart338-06
01-19-2014, 01:35 PM
Bell and carlson Medalist

tiny68
01-20-2014, 12:13 AM
The "Best" is a wide open question depending on yourhparticular hunting application. I would look strongly at the McMillian line. I have had hands on a savage LA in a McMillian Hunter stock. I really like the feel of it. Readily available.... Probably not. But good things come to those who wait.

Luck in your choice, Tim

squirrelsniper
01-20-2014, 01:28 AM
Both answers given already are pretty much correct, just for different reasons.

"Best" implies you must have the top performance and money is not an issue. In that case a McMillan is a great choice and if you call them and order directly yourself, they can even get the stock to pretty much whatever weight you are looking for (within reason of course). Downside: You will be on a waiting list and the stock will cost more than most people's entire rifle.

Best choice for the guy that has a normal income and bills to pay... Bell and Carlson Medalist.

Jetpig
01-20-2014, 08:49 AM
B&C doesn't make the medalist for the LA Savage as far as I know. I would have done just that but had to go with with the Choate Tactical. I do like the Choate!

jpdown
01-20-2014, 10:27 AM
I recommend taking a look at the Stockade Gunstock Hunter or Muledeer. If you can live with the long wait time for a custom gunstock, it will be the best composite stock you'll ever own for the money. The Stockade Hunter is my favorite Savage rifle stock. It weights about 30 oz and is the perfect stock for an all-weather hunting rifle.

Big Smitty
01-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Is the stockade pillar bedded? Also going to check out the Choate. B&C is also an option, not sure I want to wait or want to afford a McMillan. Any opinions on the Houge stocks? I understand they are heavy.

WYcoyote
01-21-2014, 10:33 PM
B&C doesn't make the medalist for the LA Savage as far as I know.

I think they do. #2980. At least in a staggerfeed.

http://www.shootersdiscount.com/cart/stocks/centerfire/savage/b-c-savage-medalist-l/a-sporter-style-blind-mag-/staggerfeed-black/gray-web.html

slam45
01-23-2014, 12:41 PM
I have a first year 110L in 308win with the intermediate action and a broken stock. i had it restocked by MPI in Portland, OR great work very fast turnaround, perfect bedding, if a first class stock is wanted, these folks will not disappoint.

tammons
01-23-2014, 02:44 PM
IMO the B+C duramax was a good hunting stock for the money but a bit heavy. No longer made so maybe the carbelite.
I had a duramax stock on a 375 ruger and it made a huge difference. For taming recoil thats a good one.

Hotolds442
01-23-2014, 02:46 PM
I have a first year 110L in 308win with the intermediate action and a broken stock. i had it restocked by MPI in Portland, OR great work very fast turnaround, perfect bedding, if a first class stock is wanted, these folks will not disappoint.
I have 2 MPI stocks for my Model 600's, at the time of purchase, they were the only ones making any form of synthetic for the 600. Top notch fit and finish, and they've held up well to lots of abuse.