PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Savage B-Mag trigger job

claybird
01-19-2014, 08:03 AM
hi all,gonna pick up my b-mag Tuesday and I was wondering if anybody has done any trigger polishing or if a replacement trigger is available yet? looking for a way to eliminate the creep everybody's talking about. the only guns I've done trigger jobs on were mosin-nagant 91-30 and the turned out great after reading the on-line tutorial. TIA

rona
01-19-2014, 11:45 AM
hi all,gonna pick up my b-mag Tuesday and I was wondering if anybody has done any trigger polishing or if a replacement trigger is available yet? looking for a way to eliminate the creep everybody's talking about. the only guns I've done trigger jobs on were mosin-nagant 91-30 and the turned out great after reading the on-line tutorial. TIA
The B-Mag has accu trigger which is adjustable. That seems to work fine on my B-Mag. Actually never read of many complaints about the trigger as compared to other things such as magazine not staying where it is supposed to or ejection problems or accuracy.

n4ue
01-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Claybird, +1 on what rona said.
On my rifle, it's about the best thing on it.
Please let us know how it shoots and what ammo your using, etc.

Have fun!!!

ron

gsperaz
01-19-2014, 03:20 PM
+1 Trigger is good on this Bmag, not so much on my first one. The center blade would catch on something.

rona
01-19-2014, 03:58 PM
The B-Mag has accu trigger which is adjustable. That seems to work fine on my B-Mag. Actually never read of many complaints about the trigger as compared to other things such as magazine not staying where it is supposed to or ejection problems or accuracy.
I could add by saying this is the second one as I sent the first one in as it wouldn't eject the empties. It would pull them out 1/4 inch then drop them. Both had no trigger problems. I'm getting a Boyds stock for it either Monday or Tuesday. I'm maybe to fussy but that stock has the be the worst quality control I have ever seen. I've looked at 10 different B-Mags at 6 different stores and they all were molded crooked.
On the bright side I was able to get 8 boxes of ammo last week all 20 grain. When it warms up I plan on doing some shooting to see if the accuracy improves with the different stock or stays the same.

archerhmr
01-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Mine had terrible creep and feel. Felt like sand paper. The trigger pops out with a key and a couple of pins hold it together. I polished mine using sharpening stones. It then broke with zero creep. Now i am waiting for a replacement rifle from Savage. Hope they ship it soon.

wave88
01-27-2014, 06:12 PM
Archerhmr, can you explain the trigger polishing process. My trigger in my Bmag breaks at 3 pounds but feels terrible and has at least 1/8" creep. Thanks!

archerhmr
01-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Once you take it apart there are two surfaces to clean up. I used my lansky knife stones for the job. My sear was cupped from factory and acted just like yours. Once I was done using a 1000 grit stone it broke like glass. 30 minute job.

claybird
02-02-2014, 03:52 PM
my b-mag probably has the nicest stock I've ever felt. very little creep and a predictable drop. I found a nice tutorial with pics on rimfirecentral. just google savage rimfire accutrigger tuning and it will come up. my boyds rimfire hunter stock in nutmeg is supposed to show up Tuesday. i'll post pics when I get time. waiting on a 17 cal jag so I can start breaking the barrel. HTH