PDA

View Full Version : Scope Mounts for 12 FV

Spade Cooley
03-06-2010, 08:34 AM
I have a new Savage 12 FV in 223. The bolt handle seems to be a design change and is bent rearward just a little. I had a difficult time finding scope mounts for this rifle and finally ordered a set of two piece Leupold from Brownell's. I ordered a Leopold 4 X 12 Scope from Cabelas but they didn't have the scope mounts for a Savage. Question is, will the low scope mounting work with the 40 mm objective lens and will the bolt handle clear? They should arrive Monday or Tuesday of next week. I'll report back.

rjtfroggy
03-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Spade I use low rings for my 42mm scopes but I use Burris or SS tacticals.I think I have one in the signature lows and it fits ok, these are all on two piece bases. Eye relief can be a little tough but usually with a little patience you can get it done, some bases need a little filing.
When you have trouble finding a base look at the EGW picatinny rails, there is plenty of adj. with them.

oldguy
03-06-2010, 10:03 AM
I used weaver bases and Burris signature medium rings on my M12 the scope is a Nikon 5-20x44 very little
clearence between barrel and scope, had no problems with eye relief.

Snowwolfe
03-07-2010, 05:16 AM
How high the scope mount is meaningless. The height of the scope will be determined by the height of the rings you buy.

sharpshooter
03-07-2010, 12:32 PM
How high the scope mount is meaningless. The height of the scope will be determined by the height of the rings you buy.

The height of the base is just as important as the height of the rings. Some bases are higher,therefore the rings may not need to be as high.