PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Lack of Target Action

Pages : 1 [2]

Stockrex
01-21-2014, 09:42 PM
Fred if u make it, I will buy it

Westcliffe01
01-21-2014, 09:53 PM
It seems to me that in that price range ($1000-$1200) one already has the Sako quad
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m334/Ringerberg/SakoQuad-01.jpg

Not made in the USA, but I don't think I have anything against the Finns. The quad has easily changed barrels and there are replacements made by Lilja that are drop in. I believe some of the major gunsmith stores like Brownells carry the Lilja drop in barrels for a similar price to a savage prefit.

Doodaddy
01-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Absolutely I would. As I did when I bought my 40X .22lr and when I bought my 40X 7.62NATO. Both of those rifles were in the price range you listed and I would do it again.

The Sako Quad is a good option from what I've seen.

sharpshooter
01-23-2014, 12:27 AM
Fred if u make it, I will buy it
If you are under the impression that I had something up my sleeve...you'd be right. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be manufacturing it. The idea was for Savage to make it. But I did build a "proof of concept" prototype.

Ibex
10-07-2014, 01:57 AM
How many here would be willing to pay $1000-1200 for a serious adult sized competition grade, or "heirloom" grade 22 rimfire? I'm talking one that would be comparable to a Rem 40-x, or a Win 52. One that is built here in the good ole USA...with good components and durable materials, no plastic. One that you would be proud to own and pass down to your kids,grand kids and even great grand kids. One that was modular with a selection of options. One that has the same heft and feel of a good center fire rifle. One that was built to higher standards with "old school" craftsmanship. One that will appreciate in value.

I truly believe there is a market for the above. At this time, no major U.S. manufacturer is filling this market, thus it is not recognized.
I want to change that.......feedback please.

Fred,
This post is old, but I also would purchase the rimfire that you are talking about here.

Doodaddy
10-07-2014, 12:08 PM
I'd still be interested in such a rifle.

On a side note, my Select Match Shilen Ratchet barrel arrived for the Savage rifle I posted above. I'd rather it be on a superior action, but I will continue polishing a turd for the foreseeable future.

Balljoint
10-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Only rim fire match i have are a Win. 52D and a Mossburg 144LS don't laugh this rifle a shooter as is the 52D

fartsinpublic
10-21-2014, 11:13 PM
I asked Savage if their custom shop would work on an FV or FVT before shipping it, just a few simple processes, which I would willingly have paid for, such as lapping the barrel, polishing the bolt, etc., and they said that they would not do anything at all.

Not it that they didn't care to consider anything that would turn out a more accurate/competitive Mark II, they simply refused. I guess they are more in to the tactical rifle Benchrest shooters.

fartsinpublic
10-21-2014, 11:58 PM

missed
10-22-2014, 06:38 AM
How many here would be willing to pay $1000-1200 for a serious adult sized competition grade, or "heirloom" grade 22 rimfire? I'm talking one that would be comparable to a Rem 40-x, or a Win 52. One that is built here in the good ole USA...with good components and durable materials, no plastic. One that you would be proud to own and pass down to your kids,grand kids and even great grand kids. One that was modular with a selection of options. One that has the same heft and feel of a good center fire rifle. One that was built to higher standards with "old school" craftsmanship. One that will appreciate in value.

I truly believe there is a market for the above. At this time, no major U.S. manufacturer is filling this market, thus it is not recognized.
I want to change that.......feedback please.
I would. Comp grade repeater no problem. My thought is either a Boyds pro varmint with a spacer system so I can shoot it and my kids can shoot it. I have been kicking the idea around of building my own custom action, but the time and tooling invested a grand is cheap. I think the Stiller action is $1200, a 40x will run at least that, anchuntz or other comp custom rim fires are even more. Hey Fred I need a lefty too!

I think with the ATK buy out, that may severely limit things, as many of the line got chopped out.

sharpshooter
10-22-2014, 03:10 PM
I have another brainstorm that I will be working on this winter. It will involve interchangable barrels and a lot of factory parts. Hopefully this project will address some of the short comings of the MII.

missed
10-22-2014, 05:09 PM
I have another brainstorm that I will be working on this winter. It will involve interchangable barrels and a lot of factory parts. Hopefully this project will address some of the short comings of the MII.
I should be getting some computer time eventually!!

Ibex
10-22-2014, 07:06 PM

Your teasing us Fred!!