PDA

View Full Version : Ebay aftermarket bolt knobs

hardrock86
01-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Hello,
First post on here, and first time gun owner, so hope I can explain my question easily.

I was looking at youtube videos of aftermarket bolt handles/knobs, and someone posted a link to bolts which fit the Axis

I was just curious if any of you guys on here had this installed, and what your thoughts were?

Hopefully this next part makes sense too....it appears in the youtube videos that the bolt handles look "flimsy" and they have some side to side play in the part of the stock thats cut out for the bolt handle. Is this normal with aftermarket bolts, and is there a way you could make the bolt more stable?

Thanks for the help,
Mike

LoneWolf
01-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. First off the rules on this forum don't allow links to ebay or other similar sites. Second if the bolt handle is for a 10/110 it will fit on the Axis, but you wont have any primary extraction. This topic has been thoroughly discussed in a few threads. Only way to change the bolt knob on an Axis is to grind the ball down and thread it for an aftermarket knob.

Its not to difficult of a job though

hardrock86
01-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks, I edited the post to remove the link. I know the topic has been discussed and I have read almost all the threads, however despite that I still see a ton of photos with aftermarket bolts/knobs, so I was just curious what people were doing, or if they were just having luck with it working correctly.

Looks like I may be mixing up terminology for just the bolt knob vs the entire bolt/knob piece. Anyway, back to reading I go.

Thanks for the info.