PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Problem

Laneycat
03-06-2010, 02:01 AM
I picked up an old 110 today that was in need of a lot of TLC. Everything was going well as I cleaned it up until I put the bolt back in and tried to pull the handle down. The handle will not go all the way down. I can imagine that I did something real stupid but I can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

yorketransport
03-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Check the action screws to make sure that they didn't get switched. I think that the rear screw is long enough to interfere with the bolt closing.

Andrew

rjtfroggy
03-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Actually if the front screw is in to far the bolt will not close and the safety will not work either. Bolt stays at about 1:00 loosen the screw and see if it goes the rest of the way.

Uncle Jack
03-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Is the bolt cocked?

uj

yorketransport
03-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Actually if the front screw is in to far the bolt will not close and the safety will not work either. Bolt stays at about 1:00 loosen the screw and see if it goes the rest of the way.

That's what I was thinking, I just said it poorly. If you put the rear action screw in front, it will be too long and interfere with the bolt.

Andrew

Edd Panzella
03-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Is the scope mount on? I seem to remember having a long scope mount screw contacting a locking lug when I tried to close the bolt.

Laneycat
03-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Ed, you guessed it. One of the screws on the front mount was too long. I moved it to another hole and fixed the probnlem. Dummy me!!!!!! :-[