PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage I stock replacement

nuevo_eph
01-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Does anyone have a lead on where to go to find a different stock for the Savage 1 GY? I picked one up for my boy and am already day-dreaming about a bigger or better stock than the plastic one it came with. He'll obviously outgrow the youth size stock so I was hoping there is a laminate full-size aftermarket option.

Can the Mark II aftermarket stocks fit?

Thanks, Eph

J.Baker
01-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Only difference between the Mark I's and Mark II's is that the Mark I's are single-shot and the Mark II's are repeaters. So technically a Mark II stock will bolt right onto your Mark I rifle, BUT...you'll have a big hole in the bottom of it where the magazine would typically be sticking out.

I'm sure Fred at SSS could make you one of his rimfire stocks without the mag well cut out which would resolve that one little issue.

nuevo_eph
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Ah, thanks. I was hoping the MkII's fit for that very reason. I appreciate the lead.

JCalhoun
01-19-2014, 04:01 PM
If your planning on doing a really nice stock for a youth then I suggest you consider adding an adjustable butt plate. That way he can use it as he grows and never need another stock.