PDA

View Full Version : Usps

Pages : [1] 2

RP12
01-15-2014, 10:47 AM
No one knows what happened to my package. It made it to a sort facility and disappeared. They have the shippers money and my part, so they don't care. Now what. Making a claim is like pulling teeth and not what I'm looking forward to.:frusty:

AZ_GUN_NUT
01-15-2014, 11:13 AM
I had the same thing happen last month. It showed leaving one facility and never made it to the next one for over two weeks. After calling USPS to get them to do a search I was lucky and contacted the shipper and they sent out a replacement shipment via FedEx. The original shipment showed up a week later which I promptly returned to them. You might give that a try.

pdog06
01-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Did you insure the package?

Did you open a claim so they can investigate it. If you insured t they would rather find it than pay you a refund.

pdog06
01-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Actually if it is coming from someone else then they are responsible for making things right with you, buy either sending a replacement part or a refund.

How long has it been lost?

RP12
01-15-2014, 11:38 AM
It is insured. I'm the one waiting for the package. They are supposed to be calling me back when they find out what's going on. I'm holding my breath on that one, LOL.:rolleyes:

AZ_GUN_NUT
01-15-2014, 11:54 AM
How long has the package been missing? If it's only a few days you'll have to definitely wait, but if it's been a couple weeks or longer I would contact the shipper about a replacement.

RP12
01-15-2014, 12:09 PM
It's only been a few days late so far. The shipper is a guy I bought something from in the buy and sell ads on this forum. So if it doesn't come, there is no replacement. He did his part, "it's not any fault of his." (I can't stress that enough!) I'd just like to know if I should expect it yet or if USPS lost it and I'm just out. That's fine but they should let you know either way so you don't continue to wait for it.

AZ_GUN_NUT
01-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Well don't expect USPS to call you with any updates. When I called them about my package, (two weeks MIA), the woman wasn't all too knowledgable. She took my information and that was that. I got an email from them wanting me to fill out a survey as to my satisfaction with their service which I promptly filled out with totally negative responses. I got a call from the local Post Master but again he didn't' have any information. A little over two weeks later my package showed up.

Edit: Small packages can and do get lost but eventually turn up. Heck I had a small padded envelope sent to me via UPS that was lost for 6 months! I got paid for the claim and still got the package, it just showed up at my door one day, date stamped from 6 months previous!

RP12
01-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Yes, I do expect them to call me with an update, if that's what they said they would do. It's a rather large package by the way, it's a barrel.

AZ_GUN_NUT
01-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Yes, I do expect them to call me with an update, if that's what they said they would do. It's a rather large package by the way, it's a barrel.

Just giving you my real life experience with them, your mileage may vary!

RP12
01-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Just giving you my real life experience with them, your mileage may vary!No problem, I didn't mean to sound negative toward you. Sorry if it came off that way Pard.

Quickshot
01-15-2014, 03:21 PM
I sent a registered letter with a check in to pay an insurance premium to a town 50 miles away with 2 weeks to due date. In mid Dec. several years ago. Got no response from registered letter. Check never arrived in time. Drove over and hand delivered new check to keep from lapsing. USPS could offer no explanation. The letter finally arrived at the destination in the middle of March. Never heard anything from USPS. Just recently in Dec. 2013, sent a letter with check to the state of Wash. as yet it has not arrived. Recently ordered some things from N.C. on a tuesday and they arrived here in Ohio on Thurs, go figure. Quick

AZ_GUN_NUT
01-15-2014, 03:51 PM
No problem . Seeing how it's only been a few days doesn't necessarily mean it's lost . I've got a package enroute to me now, last checkin was on Sunday . Sometimes they just sneak by getting scanned I guess. I've had some that went from the acceptance scan to showing up at my door with no scans in between .

AZ_GUN_NUT
01-15-2014, 03:54 PM
I sent a registered letter with a check in to pay an insurance premium to a town 50 miles away with 2 weeks to due date. In mid Dec. several years ago. Got no response from registered letter. Check never arrived in time. Drove over and hand delivered new check to keep from lapsing. USPS could offer no explanation. The letter finally arrived at the destination in the middle of March. Never heard anything from USPS. Just recently in Dec. 2013, sent a letter with check to the state of Wash. as yet it has not arrived. Recently ordered some things from N.C. on a tuesday and they arrived here in Ohio on Thurs, go figure. Quick

I had guy mail me a money order who lived about 100 miles from me. It took a month to get to me! And don't get me started on "Parcel Post". I had one sent to me that way years ago, that one took a month to go from California to Arizona!

pdog06
01-15-2014, 04:02 PM
The shipper needs to file the complaint. The were the one that placed the insurance. If it cant be found they will issue him a check for the insured amount, in which case they should give you a full refund since the product was not delivered.

Was shipping included in his price?

ShawneeB
01-15-2014, 04:29 PM
USPS won't do anything until 30 days, not insured packages, lost money orders, nuthin. Priority, garunteed 3 days unless it's not:disturbed:

sinman
01-15-2014, 05:26 PM
I spend thousands of dollars a year in postage. I used to use USPS and they have lost more barrels than anyone else. I'd file a claim and it would take months for them to pay out. The last one they lost they said they weren't going to pay because it was a gun. Then I went into explaining how it was a gun part and that it was legal to ship, and even if it was a gun it was still legal to ship. I appealed their decision 4 times and they still wouldn't pay so I got mad and started using ups and fedex. They called me 9 months after my last appeal which was 5 months after I started my claim and asked why my account went from thousands of dollars to nothing. I told them what went on and then they said okay and hung up. A month later they called again and said that there was a check in the mail for my claim and that they were never going to write another check. I said that's okay I'll never use their service again anyways.

To me they could go bell up for all I care, the way they treat their customers and their crappy package handling is going to be their demise. I use almost strictly fedex and couldn't be happier. No lost or damaged packages and insurance is a fraction of USPS.

RP12
01-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Yes shipping was included in his price, 2nd day priority, insured.

RP12
01-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Well the mail has come and gone again today, so I'm just going to forget about it and chalk it up to experience. It wasn't that much money anyway. I wonder how long I would have a job, if I didn't do what I was paid to do.

ShawneeB
01-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Civil service, they don't have to do their job to get paid.