PDA

View Full Version : Is there a fix for the Accu-Trigger??

CHymen
01-14-2014, 12:38 AM
I know that this topic must have come up before but I searched the forum and can't find a relevant thread.

I have a model 10 in .308 winchester and the accu-trigger will not stay adjusted. I had it adjusted down near the bottom of the listed range (regular accu-trigger, not the target trigger). The trigger weight lowers by itself to 1 pound or less and the trigger locks up when I close the bolt. I read somewhere that you have to adjust the trigger to a higher weight to cure the problem. I adjusted the trigger to 2.5 pounds and then shot it today. After about 15 rounds the trigger started locking up again. I checked the trigger weight and it was down to 1 pound.

Is the a way to cure this problem without buying a new trigger and not having to adjust it to 5 or 6 pounds. I like a lighter trigger but can shoot OK with a 2.5 pound trigger.

Thanks
Chris

bythebook
01-14-2014, 12:47 AM
Chris put a drop of fingernail polish in the hole where the spring is. Don't use too much so it runs anywhere else.

CHymen
01-14-2014, 12:51 AM
Thanks. I was thinking about thread sealer but I was afraid it would be too much.

I assume I put the nail polish on after adjusting the trigger?

How low can I adjust the trigger and still have this trick work?

Thanks again
Chris

missed
01-14-2014, 09:20 AM
I use finger nail polish also. I run my triggers to the bottom and come up a quarter turn then seal it with the finger nail polish.

Just remember many solvents will dissolve it, which is an advantage to getting it loose but can be an issue c cleaning. I use brake clean when I am doing a big cleaning and the finger nail polish is gone after that.

RP12
01-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Thanks. I was thinking about thread sealer but I was afraid it would be too much.

I assume I put the nail polish on after adjusting the trigger?

How low can I adjust the trigger and still have this trick work?

Thanks again
ChrisJust set the trigger where you want it before the polish dries.

thomae
01-14-2014, 09:45 AM
You can use thread sealer, but use the lightweight stuff (usually purple). That way you can break it free easily if needed.

CHymen
01-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Thanks to everyone for the help. :cool: