PDA

View Full Version : Stevens questions

jraney
01-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Hey folk got some question for you all. Have any of the stock manufactures come up with a good low cost stock for the Stevens 200? Also I saw a mossberg rifle that used ar mags can this be done with other rifles? I bought a brand new E. R. Shaw barrel in 223 I have shot very few rounds through this barrel I would say less than 100 I finally got some reloads shooting under 1 inch @ 100 yds. How many rounds would y'all think it would take to break the barrel in? Can I by some low cost ammo such as fmj s and break it in with those or what. Suggestions please.

gpb11
01-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Boyds makes some nice stocks at reasonable cost.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/

jraney
01-19-2014, 08:04 PM
First are the mod 10 stocks bolt on ready for my 200 or do I need to do some sort of manufacturing? Also the gun I built is heavy for just a walking hunting rifle so anything I can do to cut down on the weight would be good , I would like a longer more tactical style bolt handle and knob , can these be made out of high grade aluminum?

RP12
01-19-2014, 08:25 PM
As far as break in, just go shoot. Yes fmj's are fine. In case you didn't know the Stevens uses Savage stocks, so if you find one you like for a Savage it will fit the Stevens, You say you have a .223 Rem barrel, so I assume you have a short action rifle. You just have to make sure you get the right stock, ie, staggered feed or center feed, they have different screw spacing. The bolt "handle" is hardened steel but the "knob" can be aluminum.

jraney
01-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Thanks