PDA

View Full Version : What Sling to use 110 based rifles

Stewy
01-11-2014, 02:38 PM
I own a savage 10 BA .308 and she is close to 20 pounds with a loaded mag, bipods, and a scope. I wanted to know what slings you guys are using on you 110 based rifles when you take yours out in the field. I think a backpack style sling my be the way to go, but let me know what works for you guys.

thomae
01-11-2014, 02:46 PM
It really depends upon what you want your sling to do. For carry, but not shoot, a backpack sling may well be the cat's meow. For carrying in a ready position and as an aid to accurate off-hand or semisupported positions, a more traditional sling may be better. I use a "Super sling" because it is quickly adjustable. I have also put a Jeans button on the shoulder of at least some of my hunting vests and jackets to keep the sling from sliding off my shoulder.

Stewy
01-11-2014, 03:45 PM
My appilication woud be to get to my location with the least amount of fatigue possible. My hunting location is about 3/4 of a mile from base camp and requires me to go through a thick pine forest. It also requires a little bit of climbing up rocky hills to get to the top of the ridge.