PDA

View Full Version : buying and selling guns

chunk
01-11-2014, 12:41 AM
I know a lot of people don't sell guns. But, have you ever bought one that you didn't want simply because it was a good deal? You may not have wanted the gun but knew that you could make money on it to fund another project. Just curious for others thoughts.

Dirty Steve
01-11-2014, 12:44 AM
Not me. I just buy ones that intrest me and pass on anything else.

Hotolds442
01-11-2014, 12:48 AM
I've bought a few that were too good to pass up price wise. Usually with the idea of turning them for a profit.

I still have every one of them.

I quit selling guns back in the 80's after regretting letting some of them go. Now I don't sell anything.

but I do keep buying safes to replace ones that are too small......

ShawneeB
01-11-2014, 01:05 PM
If it's something I don't want, like alot of the cheap junk out there, no I don't. If I can make money, yes. I'm a dealer, that's what I do.

Apache
01-11-2014, 01:26 PM
YEP!!!

I built and sold several AR's until I final decided what I really wanted.......now I'm fixing to sell all but one of those and start on the AR10's...

Just bought a Browning BAR for less than $500 after shipping.... It will probably stay with me though.........at least for a little while.

And I resemble Hotolds442 problems with safes....:p They seem to shrink over time. I need to check the warranty to see if they cover shrinkage!

tufrthnails
01-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Not as a general rule. I have bought three guns because they were just so cheap and still have two of them I did sell one because a buddy had to have it but didn't make anything off him. Now if someone wanted one of those two and I stood to make a little profit I would but honestly I have no desire to get rid of them.

brtelec
01-12-2014, 09:23 PM
I have bought a number of firearms because they were good deals and then flipped them. I do not get attached to inanimate objects. I will occasionally look through the safe and drag out the stuff that does not really interest me anymore and sell them. I have a handful of firearms I will never part with because the serve a purpose for me and there is nothing else out there that can do a better job of it. But I do not know if I am going to be enamored with it until I shoot it. If it is not finding it's way to the range regularly it is gone.