PDA

View Full Version : Form 4 Experience

Stockrex
01-10-2014, 10:59 AM
I need to go to my local LEO and have them sign a form 4 for a CAN.
What has your experience been when approaching local Sheriff for a Form 4 for a silencer or a full auto etc.

Uncle Jack
01-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Here in Gallatin County, Montana,...No Hay Problemo.

uj

ShawneeB
01-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Was no prob in Maine, I was a class 2 sot and 07ffl mfg. He signed for anyone wanted NFA items.

In KY I spoke with the Sheriff, no prob. May get a class 3 sot this spring. Few people wanting cans.

AZ_GUN_NUT
01-23-2014, 08:51 PM
A lot of people have gone the "Trust" and "LLC" route to get around CLEO's that won't sign off. It's pretty cheap and easy to do if you have problems with yours.

missed
01-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Trust. for now....

There are actually quite a few CLEO's that do not want there name on them so they won't sign them. So far at this point the trust and LLC can go around the CLEO but the ATF is threatening to change that.

I am going to get two cans from Ross Precision Gun works this spring. Supposedly #4 E forms are running like 4 months now !!!!:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boo m::boom::boom::boom::boom:

actually it will be more like pew pew pew pew pew pew.....

Now I just need to get my new 22-250 barrel threaded and get a new 10-22 barrel

missed
01-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Oh yeah if you do have to approach your cleo for the signature, go dressed and prepared like your going to the bank for a mortgage, professionalism sells in this situation. Supressors should not be an issue. Our CLEO wont do autos, but will do supressors and SBR AND SBS. The trust also protects your family in case you leave it in the truck and your wife jumps in the truck and takes off not knowing its in there. This is why I have the trust is the whole family is on it, since there is either a supressor, SBR or SBS in there regularly.

AZ_GUN_NUT
01-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Oh yeah if you do have to approach your cleo for the signature, go dressed and prepared like your going to the bank for a mortgage, professionalism sells in this situation. Supressors should not be an issue. Our CLEO wont do autos, but will do supressors and SBR AND SBS. The trust also protects your family in case you leave it in the truck and your wife jumps in the truck and takes off not knowing its in there. This is why I have the trust is the whole family is on it, since there is either a supressor, SBR or SBS in there regularly.

Plus if something should happen to you anyone that you have listed on the Trust or LLC can keep your Class III items without having to transfer the items, or go through legal channels to sell them. It's a win win situation.

Stockrex
09-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Plus if something should happen to you anyone that you have listed on the Trust or LLC can keep your Class III items without having to transfer the items, or go through legal channels to sell them. It's a win win situation.

ATF cashed my check, how much longer will it take? any clue?

Going with a trust is the proper way to go, can I add people later to it? can then next of kin sell them/transfer them by going through atf?

nuclabuyer
09-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Depending on what kind of trust you go with it is possible for next of kin to end up with it. Are you doing a Revokable Living Trust with specific gun language? Or are you going the Will Maker/generic will way? Back in the day the atf cashed a check and the 4 month wait started. However, they have moved to online forms and they have been going closer to a month, and a rare instance took the guy 1 day.

andremajic
11-27-2014, 11:01 PM
If they vote "D" don't even bother.

Fayetteville, NC. Sheriff won't sign unless you're a personal friend or political contributor to his campaign. Yes, his lawyer called me up and told me that.

I asked if he'd put that in writing and mail it to me. Never got the letter.

Went the trust route. Easy peasy.

missed
11-27-2014, 11:13 PM
My last one on the trust was 5 months.

geargrinder
11-28-2014, 02:11 AM
My last two, I went trust. 4 months.

Before that, I just dropped off the paperwork at the local substation, he signed of within a few days.

Stockrex
11-30-2014, 05:34 PM
I just sent in my 338 thunder b paperwork, should have gone the trust route, but not enough time to do this now, can I tfr to trust later?
No issues with local pd, I know em well. We have a few judges and fed prosecutors living in my little town.
4 months is what I hear too.