PDA

View Full Version : Scope mounts VX-II 3-9x50

Sneaky
03-05-2010, 12:50 PM
So I picked up some tally 1" rings for my savage 110 accutrigger .270 win and they bolted onto the gun very nicely and I was really happy with them until I tried to put my scope in the mounts. Because of the 50mm objective, the end of the scope begins to flare out earlier, and therefore there is less distance of 1" tube and it won't fit in the rings :'(. I figured there has to be someone on this forum who has wanted to put a 50mm scope on his or her long action savage. What rings did you use? The ones I ordered were tally and were made for my gun, but the distance between the rings is too far. Any ideas on what kind of rings to get for this application?

My scope is a Leupold VX-II 3-9x50mm

My rifle is a Savage 110 with accutrigger chambered in .270 winchester.

Thanks ahead of time for any info! I would like to get this sweet rifle out to the range as soon as I can.

rjtfroggy
03-05-2010, 01:39 PM
I have a 110LE and put EGW rail on it. There are enough slots on any picatinny style base to put the rings at the proper spacing.
I also have Burris two piece bases that work but a little filing needs to be done for the locking ring or adjustment ring to function.

RHH
03-05-2010, 10:03 PM
you could go with a one piece picantinny or weaver style with multiple slots
i have the vx II 3-9 X 50 and a ferrell base on a short action and don't have any problem with eye relief
robert