PDA

View Full Version : Will loading the DBM while in the receiver damage it?

Rivethead
01-09-2014, 08:41 PM
How do you load your DBM during range sessions? I was removing the mag and inserting the 223 rounds right at the flare in front of the lips and then pushing the cartridge back to the rear stop.

Then I discoverered I could just insert them into the action and press down like a blind mag and they would easily pass by the lips. Then I got to wondering if this would damage the mag or lips in any way.

dondick
01-09-2014, 08:44 PM
I dont see how .

LoneWolf
01-09-2014, 09:12 PM
It could possibly stretch them out over time. I don't really like to do this to much to my mags, being that they're like $40 a pop.

big norm
01-09-2014, 09:49 PM
No, been loading my dbm like that for years, never a problem. I stopped talking it out after I forgot it on a hunting trip.. I have a spare now but cant tell the difference between the two

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

thirty06
01-09-2014, 09:58 PM
The mag boxes are the same. The difference is just the bottom plate.
Load away...

Rivethead
01-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Digduggy
01-09-2014, 11:14 PM
The mag boxes are the same. The difference is just the bottom plate.
Load away...

Hey, I'm digging your screen name on here, my baby is a 111 in 30-06... great gun, great round!!!

I have been searching for an answer and coming up short... I saw you chime in on a post about the mags so figured ask. can I convert from dBm to fixed? I am looking at a Choate stock and nearest I can figure they do not make left hand long action stocks, so I am looking at possibly converting back... seemingly I am one of few that want to go the other way so there are not too many posts about it.

earl39
01-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Hey, I'm digging your screen name on here, my baby is a 111 in 30-06... great gun, great round!!!

I have been searching for an answer and coming up short... I saw you chime in on a post about the mags so figured ask. can I convert from dBm to fixed? I am looking at a Choate stock and nearest I can figure they do not make left hand long action stocks, so I am looking at possibly converting back... seemingly I am one of few that want to go the other way so there are not too many posts about it.

yes you just need the L-clip and pop the bottom off the mag and place in blind centerfeed stock

thirty06
01-09-2014, 11:22 PM

All you need is the L-bracket that secures the mag housing in the stock. Just take the bottom off of your DBM & slide in stock.

Digduggy
01-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Oh jeez... Im an idiot...

Thank you all for the quick responses...

to all and the OP, I apologize for hijacking the thread, I meant to PM, and am an amateur with tapatalk...

Rivethead
01-10-2014, 07:08 PM
No problem at all, in fact the answer to your question substantiates the answer to my question ... since the mag body is the same and there is no other way to load it in a blind stock.