PDA

View Full Version : Midway Disappoints !!

Pages : [1] 2

Monkeymaster
01-09-2014, 08:15 PM
December 4th 2012,
I order 2 ammo cans of Fiocci .223, which was backodered for Jan 6th, 2013.
Jan 6th I get e mail notice backorder to arrive Feb 2013.
Feb 2013 I get an e mail notice backorder to arraive April 2013.
So on and so forth.
So on and so forth.
So on and so forth.
Jan 7th 2014, 2014 mind you, Midway e mails me, my order of Fiocci .223 was cancelled.
?
I passed up, several, not many, but I distenctly remeber Cabelas, and Natchez had comparable .223 available that I passed on because I had my backorder in at Midway.
?
Thanks Midway, I stood in there for you for over 1 year expecting you to uphold your end of the deal we made.
I could have let you down, bought from your competitors, but I did the gentlemenly thing, I stood by my word, I stood by the deal we made, I stood by the electronic handshake we had.
Having watched in the last 20 years the quality and customer service of most things in this country go down the toilet, the one last holy grail of honesty, "the hunting, shooting, and outdoor community" I was expecting a lot better from you.
Midway, you let me down.

So,
Savage Shooters, please let me know who I need to start giving my business too.
Thanks

Bike Effects
01-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Good luck! I'll stick with MidwayUSA.

maxl
01-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Natchez, and midsouth are good to deal with, I myself order from them both and of coarse midway depends who has the best deal for the product I am looking for at that time

seanhagerty
01-09-2014, 08:38 PM
grafs does ok also.

5spd
01-09-2014, 08:42 PM
I wont wait for anything that's on BO from midway or other place. I just put it on notify me and look elsewhere.
Midway has changed a lot over the last 2 years and I still buy if its in stock there only.

FW Conch
01-09-2014, 08:46 PM
I deal with Midway, but I "never" participate in back orders, with them or any other supplier. A back order is a promise no company can insure they can keep. ;-( And give money up front at your own risk.

dondick
01-09-2014, 08:53 PM
I always use the notify me option as well and have had good luck . On orders over $250 they always call me and confirm my order and shipping address . I would stick with Midway . If I did have a problem I would email them . There is a lady that works there named Debbie , she is the one who always calls me .

devildogandboy
01-09-2014, 09:06 PM
I shop them all and look for the best deal, if all prices are close I would rather go with midsouth, natchez and any other before midway. midway is for when nobody has the item in stock and they do, I had same problem with a backorder only to have them cancel it months later.

Bruce

pitsnipe
01-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Don't go to Bass Pro. Yes, Bass Pro. For ammo or anything gun you ask? Yes. My son gave me for Christmas 2012 a gift certificate for them. All tapped out on spinner baits and the like, I look at their bullet selection. Hey, behold, 178 grain Hornady MATCH not AMAX but Match bullets are IN STOCK. Over a year later, still on back order. They goofed in their count and didn't have them. In a few weeks I will cancel if not shipped and add myself to the statistic of those millions in gift cards never spent each year. Apologize for the ramble. Pass Bass Pro for Ammo. Sounds like a cool bumper sticker eh?

Snipe

mazda3gun
01-10-2014, 11:02 AM
I ordered a few things from Midway, no isuues, but it was all in stock and all ONE purchase order. Same with Cheaper Than Dirt, they've gotten a lot of my business, again, all items and IN STOCK and all ONE purchase order. Added, I'll NEVER buy ammo online unless the ppr is outstandingly cheap and shipping is free or keeps cost lower than spent fuel and ammo together to just buy it local. Things to consider next time...
Shipping ammo isn't cheap unless it's free shipping, which usually isn't the case on any site. You're better off buying from your local small business and feeding his/her family that day than buying online anyway. The $25-$30 or so I spend on 20 rnds of .30-06 at the LGS 2 blocks away instead of buying online for $20 and paying $10 to ship does more for my local economy than the latter.
For instance, I can get the illusive .22LR on backorder at all kinds of sites for absurd prices, or I can go to Ohio and buy a single 500ct box for $35 once a week that I know is in stock...

Food for thought

DT400
01-10-2014, 11:08 AM
A back order means the retailer is awaiting a delivery from their supplier. If the supplier doesn't ship on the date they said how is it Midways fault? Midway was letting you know of the changes that were out of their control.
I have had no issues with any orders from Midway.

Darrell

jayebirdwell
01-10-2014, 11:36 AM
I order from Midway above everyone else and do so at least 8 times a year and have never had a problem. They have the fastest shipping of anyone I have dealt with and their customer service is above average. I understand the back order problem as I have been waiting on a go gauge for several months but I see that has a problem with the manufacture and not Midway. Like others here, I have switched to the notify me option instead of sitting in back order status so I can buy from someone else that might get it in stock first.

fgw_in_fla
01-10-2014, 11:49 AM
If you're buying ammo only, here's few places I buy from for my 5.45x39 & 7.62x39. Check their sites on a regular basis. It comes & goes quickly - Especially .223 / 5.56

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php
http://www.sgammo.com/
http://www.aimsurplus.com/default.aspx
http://www.ammunitionstore.com///www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/

emtrescue6
01-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Like many other have posted, I too do not participate in backorders....none of them seem able to manage that process well...I had some dies on backorder for so long at Midway once I forgot i had ordered them and bought them over the counter one day......2 days later a box from Midway arrived at my door with, yup my dies! I tend find Natchez a little better lately pricewize anyway.

Aussea
01-11-2014, 10:55 AM
If we are throwing vendors in there, I am yet to be disappointed by Wideners (http://www.wideners.com)

They may not have the range of products that others do, but if they say it is in stock - it is.

Westcliffe01
01-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I think in the case of the OP, it was Fiochi who never shipped the product, or sold it to another retailer who offered a bit more money under the table...

I have some 22WMR on back order at Midway. Will have to see how it pans out. I would certainly hope that CCI and Winchester would not be letting Midway down ! There is none of this ammo to be had within a 50 mile radius of where I live, and I have been looking all the time, so I don't think I have anything to loose.

pdog06
01-11-2014, 08:41 PM
A back order means the retailer is awaiting a delivery from their supplier. If the supplier doesn't ship on the date they said how is it Midways fault? Midway was letting you know of the changes that were out of their control.

Exactly.

You waited for over a year and never got it..... Midway waited for over a year to get it for you and never got it either. Why is that their fault?

The same goes for the 1 year issue with Bass pro...... Nobody has Hornady Bullets in stock. That's because of Hornady... not Bass Pro....This has been a known issue for a long while now that Hornady was way behind on manufacturing.

You guys are blaming the wrong people.

geargrinder
01-11-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm only disappointed in Midway because they discontinued the dealer program. Now I have to pay the same amount as everyone else.

ShawneeB
01-12-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm only disappointed in Midway because they discontinued the dealer program. Now I have to pay the same amount as everyone else.

Heck, I didn't even notice. Too bad.

Gmountain
01-12-2014, 05:57 PM
I used to like Midway and ordered a ton of stuff from them. Then they raised their prices, got rid of the dealer program , and especially kill you on shipping now. I used to make Midway my first stop, and now it's only a last resort.