PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 to 1/2 Inch Tall Picatinny Riser made of Steel?

Don - LongRangeSupply
03-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Does anyone make a steel, one piece picatinny riser that attaches to an existing picatinny rail? If not then how about riser blocks made of steel? They need to be fairly wide to support Badger Max 50 Rings. Plenty of aluminum risers to pick from....but I need steel

1/4 inch would be perfect. 1/2 inch is pushing it but might be the only option.

pdog06
03-05-2010, 10:50 AM
What are you putting the risers on? A set of 2pc bases or a 1pc rail? Sure you knew this, but a Farrell base is alot higher than a set of 2pc bases and may get you the height you need if now using 2pc bases. I am assuming thats not the case though.

Only ones I've seen are the ones alot of AR guys use, but I think they make them in 1/2" and/or 1" height. Never seen a 1/4" riser myself, but that dont mean they dont make them.

tammons
03-05-2010, 11:05 AM
TGP and Farrel both make steel picatinny bases.

The last farrel rail I used with IOR rings, the slots were not wide enough. I had to open them up, so I assume the same
would happen with badger rings.

TGP makes really good bases, but beware I sent 2 base back for exchange going from flat to 20moa and never got anything back and they never would return my call, so
if you send anything back just make sure you get an RMA number.

Don - LongRangeSupply
03-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Sorry should have been more clear. I need a riser to attach to an existing picatinny rail. Lots of aluminum ones out there that are close enough to the 1/4" height, but I need steel.

http://yankeehill.bizland.com/store/media/YHM-227A.jpg

tammons
03-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Of got it. I have never seen and steel risers.

sharpshooter
03-06-2010, 10:21 PM
I guess I don't quite understand what you are doing exactly, but I would think that aluminum would work. The strength is the same as steel in that application.
Most don't realize it, but when you add weight to the scope mounting system, it makes the weak link even weaker. The weak link being the 6-48 screws that hold it to the receiver.

pdog06
03-06-2010, 11:44 PM
http://yankeehill.bizland.com/store/media/YHM-227A.jpg

Holy crap. Whatcha doin mounting a spotting scope on your gun or something?

Don - LongRangeSupply
03-07-2010, 01:58 AM
ha! almost

It is for a 72mm objective 34mm tube scope that is going on a picatinny rail that extends beyond the objective of the scope. The center of the rings has to be 1.6" from the top of the rail. The plan is to use Badger 34mm rings on a 1/4 to 1/2 inch high riser but steel for both parts is preferred.

rjtfroggy
03-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Take a look at the Burris XTR rings. I believe you can get the size that you need with their high set. Go to their web site the measurements are there.

Senderofan
03-07-2010, 09:52 AM
http://www.riflegear.com/p-200-yankee-hill-scope-riser-mount.aspx

Don - LongRangeSupply
03-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Xtreme rings are nice, but I need 34mm steel rings

On the Yankee Hill....

I already have a riser like that but I want a steel riser.