PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Boyds Gunstocks now Available for the Savage B.MAG

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

sales@boydsgunstocks
01-28-2014, 10:49 AM
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/gunner52cal/IMG_0323_zps99b0971b.jpg

And it just got worse...after getting it all together and admiring how nice the whole gun was now that it was feeling like a real gun I look down the gun and see a zillion little cracks in the finish of the stock. not visible in any other direction but when you look at it from an angle from the rear.

Sending you a private message to get this stock returned to us and a replacement at no charge!

gsperaz
01-28-2014, 10:57 AM
What does Boyd's recommend for the action screw/safety fitment issues ?

scope eye
01-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks for stepping up Boyds, Mine looks great but it is good to know you would have stepped up, if I would have had a problem.

Dean

sales@boydsgunstocks
01-28-2014, 11:11 AM
We will take a look at the B-Mag programming and will contact customers if corrective action is needed. If you are currently experiencing ANY problems (fitting/safety/finish/etc) with your stock please send me a private message including your name, order number, contact info so we can get your stock back for evaluation and a replacement to you. Any questions just send a PM!

~ Jen

gsperaz
01-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks for looking into issues, Jen.

Crockett
01-28-2014, 02:31 PM
My stock is going to be replaced by boyds' at no cost to me. I have to say that if I did not look at the stock in bright light and at the correct angle to make small finish cracks visible, you would not notice the problem right off. I installed my rifle and never noticed it till later on which understandable to me why it got thru and shipped out. The stocks are beautiful guys and this little glitch should be no reflection on them at all. Great company to deal with for sure!

danjurista
01-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Called boyds today and talked to jen about my magazine issue. She took my information and said a tech would give me a call today. Its now 5:30 and have not heard from anyone! I'll be calling again in the morning.

sales@boydsgunstocks
01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
I apologize that the tech did not get back to you today, I am sure there is good reason. We take customer service very seriously and I will personally follow up with this promptly in the morning!

~ Jen

Crockett
01-30-2014, 07:14 PM
I can say Jen means what she tells you...my new stock shipped today and I'm extremely happy with Boyds' customer service with an extremely fast and pleasant process. I will continue to support them and I can't wait to upgrade a handi rifle I have with a new thumbhole stock and forend.

owenp
01-30-2014, 11:13 PM
I got my thumbhole stock in today. I was very disappointed to put my gun together and find that it as crooked sitting in the new stock as the old one.
I am starting to wonder if savage has mount jigs that are off a degree or two.
Being in Canada I can forget about sending this gun gun home for a visit it will take months to get back.

gsperaz
01-31-2014, 03:35 PM
Still waiting on my stock that I ordered on 1/9.....geez. Now UPS is delayed delivery because of bad weather earlier in the week.

rsh4364
01-31-2014, 05:06 PM
Just got the email, my pepper thumbhole on the way. ordered 1-21-14,along with trig.guard and floor plate so I can get my thumbhole installed on my 17 hmr also..Tracking says it will be here Wed.and my Glades Armory bolt showed up today!

plinkin
01-31-2014, 05:15 PM
Just got the email, my pepper thumbhole on the way. ordered 1-21-14,along with trig.guard and floor plate so I can get my thumbhole installed on my 17 hmr also..

You should have bought the trigger guard & floor plate/bottom metal from DIP.

Crockett
01-31-2014, 05:25 PM
you should have bought the trigger guard & floor plate/bottom metal from dip.

x2 this ^^^^

rsh4364
01-31-2014, 05:33 PM
I tried to in the classifieds,no response,so figured one brand (Boyds) would be way to go. Their stock,their parts,no problem...

plinkin
01-31-2014, 05:40 PM
I tried to in the classifieds,no response,so figured one brand (Boyds) would be way to go. Their stock,their parts,no problem...

They have an online website. For future reference you can go there, place your order, pay for it, and low and behold it shows up in the mail in under a week.

rsh4364
01-31-2014, 05:54 PM
So whats wrong with the Boyds trigger guard and floor plate ?

Crockett
01-31-2014, 06:14 PM
So whats wrong with the Boyds trigger guard and floor plate ?

With the DIP products you get a much better quality material and product for a few bucks more. IMO.

plinkin
01-31-2014, 06:20 PM
With the DIP products you get better quality material and product for about the same money. IMO.

The Boyds gives you OE Savage which is OK. DIP gives you a slightly larger trigger guard opening, nice for shooting with gloves & it has an adjustable over travel screw. The bottom metal is approx .125" thick which is nice for spreading the load of the torque to the action screws. The Savage stuff works, DIP is just better. You aren't wrong, you didn't make a bad choice, there is just a better choice.

Rooster 50
02-01-2014, 02:31 PM
They have an online website. For future reference you can go there, place your order, pay for it, and low and behold it shows up in the mail in under a week.

would you please post the link to their website.