PDA

View Full Version : First Axis Rifle

NVBighorn
01-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Well, I received my new Axis rifle yesterday after ordering it from my local Walmart. $322.00 out the door including taxes. Didn't have to pay the Brady fee thanks to my CCW. I got the gun in black on black chambered in 7mm-08 for something different.

I just want to say thanks to everyone on this site. The information here is invaluable! Every single question I've had I have found several threads answering it with a quick search.

I reinforced the stock today following the instructions in fgw_in_fla's thread. I also filled as many holes in the stock as I could with epoxy. Made a huge difference! Worked like a charm. :cool:

I also swapped in a lighter trigger spring following instructions I read here too. Ended up right at 3 pounds on my trigger pull scale. I will try that and see if I need to adjust more. The spring actually came in a package of four and I bought an extra 10-24 screw or two for the job. So that will leave me parts for another Axis should one come my way. :o

Didn't get to shoot it yet though. I'm waiting on a one piece scope mount. The Leupold 2-7x33 I'm mounting is too short for the two piece mounts I picked up. I'm trying to keep it light with the factory stock and the compact scope.

I can already see I'm hooked on these Guns. I'm already thinking of a barrel swap. Thinking of a 257 Roberts just for grins. Just can't decide if I want the Ackley Improved or not. :redface-new:

GMC-AT
01-08-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm loving my 7mm-08 stainless Axis I just got a few months ago. Shoots very nice. 25-06 or 7mm-08 ... can't go wrong.