PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

03-05-2010, 12:16 AM
I see a lot of "tactical style" bolt handles in pix on this site, and I see SSS has one I like. How difficult is it to take my factory bolt off and put a new one on? Also, I need a LA Centerfeed floorplate(either DBM or Hinged, I don't care)Trigger guard, and action screws. I also will need a Magnum mag box and I would like to buy a factory bolt with Mag bolt face. All for putting on a 112 action 25-06/7mm Mag build. Where is the best place to order these? Thanks!

geargrinder
03-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Swapping the handle is as simple as taking off the Bolt Assembly Screw. It can be a tough screw to get broken loose, but once it is off all you have to do is slide the old handle off and slide the new handle on. Put the screw back in. Done.

I have a stainless centerfeed long action hinged bottom metal with magnum box. I'll send you a pm about it.

possum1
03-05-2010, 12:47 AM
I see a lot of "tactical style" bolt handles in pix on this site, and I see SSS has one I like. How difficult is it to take my factory bolt off and put a new one on? Don't stop there !! Tear that booger apart and learn your rifle like I did ;D