PDA

View Full Version : What does "savage 10 &....

mazda3gun
01-06-2014, 04:38 PM
110 E and S" mean? I'm seeing it on CTD's site while looking for 1 piece bases for my 110 and not sure what means. Call me stupid if it's something obvious.

Luke45
01-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Is the back part of your reciever round or flat? As far as I know that's all you need to know for scope bases, when you buy bases it will specify on packaging if it's for a Flat receiver or round receiver. Weaver makes a good one piece for flat recievers and redfeild make a good rail for the round ones

bootsmcguire
01-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Yup, all you need to know for 2pc bases is Flat or Round rear receiver. If you are buying a 1pc mount, then you also need to know long or short action.

mazda3gun
01-07-2014, 05:11 PM
It's a round front/rear and a long action. Looked at FAQ's page and got the action info from there, very helpful!

mazda3gun
01-07-2014, 05:45 PM
FOUND IT!!!! CTD came through again for me! And I have about 8 bucks left on a gift card from Christmas so it'll knock price down to about $20 plus shipping. It's a Weaver brand extended multi slot base that should be perfect for the shorter tube of the Nikon scope and also keep me from getting a black eye.

Cycler
01-08-2014, 02:09 PM
It's a Weaver brand extended multi slot base that should be perfect for the shorter tube of the Nikon scope and also keep me from getting a black eye.
I had one of those on a short action .243 and it works well. The only "problem" is it sits very low over the loading/ejection port and doesn't leave much room for your fingers to load the cartridges if you have a blind or hinged floor plate magazine. For a DBM, it will not be an issue.

mazda3gun
01-08-2014, 05:55 PM
I like the fact you said it sits really low!!!! I want as little MOA increase as possible as this is a hunting/plinking rig. Not planning on doing any comp shooting with it. But, yes, it's a pain to load the rounds as it is with the internal mag. I need to get familiar with all the mag-related terms.... I just call it what it is, an internal magazine HAHA! Can't be removed, isn't hinged, you have to take the barrel/action off the stock to get it out.
But, back on topic.
So, we don't know what the letters E and S meant in respect to what I was seeing? Oh well, I made a match and hopefully it works out. Then you all can look for my thread in Picture Post and feast your eyes on this beauty!:p