PDA

View Full Version : Bought a 338/375 Ruger barrel and want a decent DBM stock for it.

tammons
01-06-2014, 09:05 AM
I have an Older DBM flat back staggerfeed long action.
The stock on it now is a tupperware side button.

Want a new DBM stock of some sort and something I can load up with Lead etc to take to the range or remove when hunting.

geargrinder
01-07-2014, 12:36 AM
Accurate Mag makes the bottom metal for the 338 Lapua actions. It fits the factory centerfeed stock inlet.

All you'd need is a stock inletted for centerfeed DBM or HFP, and slightly open the mag opening of your action.

Magazines are the 3.775" variety. Standard AICS dimensions in 300win or 338Lapua. Either should work for the 375Ruger case.

Where'd you get the barrel?

yorketransport
01-07-2014, 12:57 AM
I may know where the barrel came from. ;)

Since the action screw spacing is the same on centerfeed and staggered feed long actions, couldn't you pick up a used center feed stock with the factory bottom metal? The 375 Ruger case feeds perfectly from any belted mag magazine.

Andrew

geargrinder
01-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Now I remember reading where it came from. Duh-

Yep, any stock that has the factory inlet for the centerfeed DBM or hinged floor plate will work. The Accurate Mag one is nice because of the additional length over the factory mag box. Would be helpful for the big bullets.

Let me know when you want to get rid of that reamer.

tammons
01-07-2014, 01:15 AM
I have a tupperware stock with a side button release DBM for this action, but am thinking I would like a heavy stock with a 5 round mag eventually. Reason being is a thumper is not that comfortable to shoot with a tupperware stock. At least my last one was not.

My old 375 Ruger setup I had a few years ago was on a Duramax stock and that was very nice in comparison and another duramax would be fine if inletted.

Now that I have a new bottom bolt release LA and a old Control Feed LA I am trying to figure out what fits as far as heavier stocks that will work with something like CDI bottom metal and AICS mags.

Anybody making a conversion top release sear ?

geargrinder
01-07-2014, 01:20 AM
I've seen that you can just put on a top release sear, just bend it out to clear the action.

tammons
01-07-2014, 01:21 AM
Yes I read that, but wondered if anybody had made one to fit.
After a few more years the entire rifle lineup will be all plastic LOL.