PDA

View Full Version : factory axis upgrading

sierra whiskey
01-05-2014, 07:37 PM
will i be able to up grade an Axis rifle like any other savage as far as magazine, barrel, stock, trigger, bolt parts, etc? want to get my son an axis 30-06 for his first bolt rifle, the stock and magazine look like they will need to be gone through first.

LoneWolf
01-05-2014, 08:48 PM
It's possible. I have about $1300 into my Axis build and have changed out everything.

Here's my build thread from start to finish:

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?27672-Axis-build

steveNChunter
01-05-2014, 09:10 PM
I've put a stock on mine so far and will probably end up getting an aftermarket trigger. There are some people making higher capacity mags for them but they're built off the factory mag, so there's not much to be gained there as far as quality. The mags don't seem to give any trouble as far as I know.

Boyds Gustocks, Sharp Shooter's supply, EGW and Weaver scope mounts, Timney Triggers, Rifle Basix triggers, and several small-time magazine modifiers can all help you trick an Axis out. Also, the barrels are the same as any small-shank Savage, so you can find barrels for them all day long. The aftermarket for these rifles will only continue to grow as their popularity increases.