PDA

View Full Version : savage 111 side release stock replacement

dbunce86
01-05-2014, 01:06 AM
I have a older pre accu trigger savage 111 with the synthetic stock with side release. I would please like to know if there was ever a wood stock made for this gun. I have searched online and could not find one. I only seen a left handed model with high gloss finish but was left handed. if anyone can let me know if there is one available or where I can find one that would be great. thanks

limige
01-05-2014, 01:37 AM
Do you mean top release?? Got a pic?

dbunce86
01-05-2014, 02:02 AM
for some reason this site wont let me pick pictures from my computers photo album it wants a url link for some reason? but im talking about the old side mag release on the side of the stock. I hate the stock and want to put a wood stock on but cant find any with the side release button. Ram line used to make a synthetic replacement. They discontinued it BUT... I was in a small gun shop today and they had one that had been sitting on the shelf for years! I was tempted to buy it because im sure its better then whats on there now but I really don't like synthetic stocks and would like a wood stock.

limige
01-05-2014, 04:19 AM
I've never seen one myself. the release for the magazine is on the side? can you possibly just change the bottom metal to a standard bottom retention system?

you can host a pic on photobucket and paste the url into your post

rjtfroggy
01-05-2014, 07:39 AM
In the early 70's I had a 243 wooden stock side button, so yes they were made, but as far as I know they havem't been made for years and finding one is probably not going to happen.

RP12
01-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Don't buy the Ram line. They are worse than the factory stocks IMHO.

foxx
01-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I would definitely recommend getting a $15 paid membership here so you could post a WTB ad on the member classifieds. I am sure there are members here who have what you are looking for and someone would be willing to make you a nice deal.

These kinda of "wants/needs" are filled all the time here.

Maybe someone looking for that exact setup would even trade you for a different model that might serve you better.

Just a suggestion.