PDA

View Full Version : First 110 build

Tacpayne
01-05-2014, 12:28 AM
I have a barreled 110 action that I got in a trade. It currently has a 30-06 barrel mounted and the internal magazine box attached but there isn't a spring or anything in the mag box. I am trying to get this thing together, I have a Douglass barrel chambered in 7mm mag, I have already changed the bolt face to a magnum one. I currently have a bell and Carlson stock but can't find a trigger guard anywhere in stock. Any idea where I could find one? Also what do I need for the magazine I'm assuming just the long action follower. This is my first build like this, do I need to change the recoil lug or anything else? I'm trying to get this thing done in the next week. I already have a barrel but wrench and the go/nogo Gage's. Any help on the parts I need and where to find them in stock would be greatly appreciated.

bootsmcguire
01-05-2014, 02:05 AM
Check www.Gunshack.com for the trigger guard. they had some last I looked, as for the follower I was looking for a buddy last night for the newer centerfeed models for a SA and none to be found but IIRC www.Midwayusa.com and www.gunpartscorp.com were both showing LA-SF followers in stock.

Tacpayne
01-05-2014, 02:14 AM
Thanks looks like they are out of stock now also. Going from a 30-06 to 7 mag do I just need the long action follower? Just making sure like I said first build lol.

243LPR
01-05-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't think your magazine will work with the 7 mag, it being fatter than the 06. Pay for a membership here and you can use the classifieds,maybe someone cann help with the parts needed.

bootsmcguire
01-05-2014, 02:41 PM
+1 one he membership.

The couple times I have tried a Mag in a SF-'06 mag it worked ok, but one of them required a bit of tweaking to the feed lips. It may be worth it to try the '06 mag if you can't locate a 7mag magazine.

Tacpayne
01-05-2014, 06:39 PM
I have a blind magazine box, I just need a spring and follower not the actual magazine.

claysshotgunner
01-07-2014, 01:12 AM
But your magazine is for a '06, you need a magnum magazine. They are not the same.

Tacpayne
01-07-2014, 01:39 AM
Your right. I've already found a magnum box, and looks like I have a trigger guard on the way finally. Cerakote will be here in a couple days and then it's about time