PDA

View Full Version : Accustock Questionq

duckaholic25
01-03-2014, 10:53 PM
I joined this forum from the advice of someone from another forum who thought yall could help out. I have a Savage 16 weather warrior chambered in 270 wsm and I want to replace the accustock with a HS Precision pst 114. Stockys claims this stock will not work for accustock models. I know the only difference is the smaller lug and that block that is screwed behind the lug. Will that stock be ok if I have my smith inlet the new stock? Should I keep that block behind the lug or do away with it all together. The woman from stockys told me that I would have to replace the barrel nut and Lug. Is that true?

foxx
01-05-2014, 10:09 PM
If no one else is going to answer, I'll give a stab at it. :)

If you have an action wrench and nut wrench, I would replace the old lug and ditch the block. Don't know why the nut would need replacing, but if so, you can get a better one for $25 or so from SSS or NSS.

If you don't have the wrenches, it might not be worth the cost of acquiring them for this job only. In that case, I would think you should be able to make any stock without an aluminum rail work with the lug and nut as is. Might need to do some inletting with a dremel and bed the lug. Not difficult.

Maybe someone else can chime in as well?

82boy
01-05-2014, 10:46 PM
The main problem is the accu-stock gun have a bottom bolt release. The HS precision stock is designed for a side bolt release. As noted the accu-stock uses a smaller recoil lug that resembles a Remington 700 lug. The latter production accu-stock gun do not have the accu-wedge, or what you call the block. It proved to be a waste, and caused undo stress on the action. You best bet if you want to switch stock is to contact Sharp Shooters supply, (SSS) and get one of there bottom bolt release sears that converts the gun to a side bolt release. Then get a new trigger guard, and recoil lug. The reason why the barrel nut might need replacing is because they use a smooth nut on the accu-stock guns. So to remove it you either have to butcher it up with a pipe wrench, and replace it, or buy a specialized wrench available at SSS. All in all in a nut shell you would be better off selling your accu-stock gun, and buying a different gun, or just buy a LRPV that come with an HS precision stock.