PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with an accutrigger?

wildweeds
01-03-2014, 02:27 PM
I've got a model 10 predator hunter in .223 that I'm having trouble with,sometimes when firing then cycling the bolt for another round in the chamber,the blade becomes bound and the bolt needs to be lifted open and then closed again to free it up.The other thing that happend the other day is my cousins 12 year old was managing to somehow get the trigger pulled and we'd hear a click,the firing pin was discharging but not hitting the primer,I sat down at the bench and could not get it to repeat what was happening,his brother sat down and it didn't happen to him either.Put that kid back behind it and it happend again.The blade problem happens to me and has since I aquired this rifle used.To be honest I haven't looked at the trigger assembly at all to diagnose whats going on.Thought I'd ask to see if this is a common problem.I have the exact same rifle in .204 I bought new and haven't had the same trouble.I bought the .223 used and can't be certain but it came with 500 rounds of 5.56,I never paid any attention to that when I was buying the gun,but I did when I got home and opened the box with the ammo in it.I traded that ammo off for .223.I wonder if the original owner shot some 5.56 out of it and that is what caused this trigger trouble.Original owner told me he only sighted it in at the range and had ran 10 rounds through it,he skirted the "Did you shoot that 5.56 through it or .223" question.

Pretty new here,thanks in advance for a direction to look in

RP12
01-03-2014, 02:38 PM
The trigger is tripping and the safety blade is working as designed. You probably have the trigger pull set to low. Try adjusting the pull weight up a bit. What's happening is the sear is disengaging from the trigger and the safety blade is catching the sear before the gun can fire. The other thing with the 12 year old is he was pulling the trigger from the side and not fully pulling the blade back. You must pull straight back to fully disengage the safety blade.

wildweeds
01-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Thanks,I'll consult the manual and adjust it heavier,it feels the same as the .204 I have that is set as delivered from factory though.I figured the kid was side pulling.He's kind of an ADD little guy.I'll say that both guns shoot extremely well,the 12 year old manged 3 shots in a ragged hole.We are having a blast shooting them at paper for now.

limige
01-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Sounds like the sear isn't resetting properly its setting on the blade not the step its supposed to sit on the shoe. And as mentioned the young guy didn't have the blade fully pulled back and it was operating as intended.

Personally I removed the blade on mine, I have no use for it.

short round
01-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Try pressing trigger without pressing safety lever, you will hear a click, but rifle will not fire. Sear will be stopped by safety lever. You can take action out of stock & see what is happening.