PDA

View Full Version : .375s

tk421991
01-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Since its a new year, I'm thinking about expanding my collection. One thing I want to add is a .375 caliber rifle. Not planning on going to Africa, I just want something with more power than a .30-06 and I've been around a .300 Win Mag, which was like sitting next to a small sonic boom. Maybe a .375 tactical rifle?

So I'm looking for suggestions about rifles and calibers to start with. I like the Savage 111 FCNS and the CZ 550 series, although I do prefer the tang safety of the Savage over the Mauser/Winchester 3-position style.

I haven't shot a rifle of this size yet, so I'm going to try to shoot a rifle in a .375 caliber first.

Thanks in advance!

Apache
01-01-2014, 08:14 PM
I have a 375 Ruger and a 375-06AI and like them both. The Ruger gets downloaded so it can be used without unnecessary punishment for the stuff I hunt. If I ever need it.....I can load it full power.

The 375-06AI has really been nice. In fact I'm going to make one up in a Remington 7600 pump rifle. Plenty of power for anything that won't eat you or try to stomp you into mush. Could be used for those if you place the shot properly but I would prefer more power for that type of game.

ShawneeB
01-01-2014, 10:20 PM
31 years ago I was in a favorite LGS in Wa state. Owner goes, "Shawn have I got the gun for you" Don't know why he said that, or why he said that I was eccentric enough to buy it,,, I told him I may be eccentric but he's nuts! Then he shoved 2 boxes factory ammo my way and told me to go shoot it, I'm no dummy, couldn't refuse that. I did, 32 rounds later I went back and paid him for it. Loved the hell out of that rifle and was it gorgeous. Was Ruger #1 Tropical in 458win mag. Want a 375? Go for it!! You can load it down like Apache says. And heck with Africa, make a great Griz gun. I've always loved the 338 too. 2 shoulder surgeries, I'm 243 deer, 223 vermin material now cept for my M1, 06 isn't so bad in that.