PDA

View Full Version : Model 111 Bolt and Safety Issues

Drewkman
01-01-2014, 01:03 PM
I just bought a Savage Model 111 30/06. I unpacked it from the box and read the manual. 1st the safety slide will not move, 2nd when I installed the bolt, it doesn't lock into the rifle it just slides out. 3rd, the trigger will not reset is there an issue with the rifle or am I missing something?

RP12
01-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Try pulling up on the bolt release. It sounds like the sear is stuck on the trigger ramp.

thomae
01-01-2014, 02:21 PM
If you take the action out of the stock does it exhibit the same symptoms? If not, something in the trigger group/safety is probably rubbing/binding against the stock.

Drewkman
01-01-2014, 03:01 PM
When I take the action out I still cannot move the safety tab and trigger is still in the back position

Werewolf
01-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Something is bound up good, maybe they dropped it at some point? I would call savage and have them fix it. They will most likely send you a shipping label and do it for free.

dpowers311
01-02-2014, 10:27 PM
I would check the bolt release. Try going through the motions of removing the bolt.

Call Savage when you can.

short round
01-03-2014, 05:06 AM
Safety adjustment screw needs to be backed off, it is next to trigger return spring. Screw may be covered over with sealant, when adjusting screw use some type of loctite or finger nail polish, so it does not move.

RP12
01-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Safety adjustment screw needs to be backed off, it is next to trigger return spring. Screw may be covered over with sealant, when adjusting screw use some type of loctite or finger nail polish, so it does not move.Be careful doing that. Exhaust "all" other possibilities before you do that. It may need to be done though. If you do, use a soldering iron the pencil point type and melt the plastic plug out, then you can adjust it with an Allen key(wrench).

Werewolf
01-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah, if it was a used gun I picked up I would tinker with the trigger group and figure it out, but on a brand new gun I would have savage fix it under warranty. If you break the seals on it first and then send it back they may get touchy and say it was your fault for screwing with it. Call Savage first before you mess with the trigger!