PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Basix Sav-2 problem

Pages : 1 [2]

ky-n
01-04-2014, 09:41 PM
I ignored the rounding off part because my sear had been polished on the face already. I have tried the light spring and it will not hold the sear at all and the heavy spring barely will hold. Setting the sear screw on the intermediate lever is impossible because of the way the sear jumps up on the face of the lever. I still have not heard back from Rifle Basix, hope it is not a sign that this is going to be a company that does not stand behind their product and will be a hassle to get sorted out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/wfx55/Savageun-cocked_zpscdfa6703.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/wfx55/Savagesear2mod_zps9a268557.jpg

ky-n
01-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Still have not heard ANYTHING back from Rifle Basix, that speaks volumes about their customer service. Anyway I did receive the new sear I ordered in today's mail and there was a significant difference in the length of the arm that contacts the intermediate lever. I bought the sear from Numrich and noticed on the packing list the sear I ordered was canceled and they sent what they called a Super Sear. I have no idea what that means. Anybody??? Anyway I re-installed everything, played with the adjustments and it works exactly like it should. It finally adjusted out to 5 to 6 ounces, hard to be exact with the spring scale. Guess I need to break down and get a digital scale someday.

Back to the second part of my question, how good are these 112 single shot actions with a solid bottom for a platform to build on? I cannot find any specific information about them, everything I find refers to repeaters which I realize is the same except for the lack of a cutout on the bottom. I guess the what I am wanting to know is if this thing is something special or just different.

Westcliffe01
01-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Give us the part number of the sear that they supplied.

From what I have heard, all the Savage single shot actions are very good rigid actions compared to the magazine fed brothers which are substantially weaker due to the large cut outs.

I think it is fairly difficult getting the long target action, Savage certainly does not make them anymore. I think its a keeper.

olddav
01-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Good call on the sear, glad you got it worked out.

redlabel
01-06-2014, 10:04 PM
I have a single shot long action and it is a very good platform to build on. Mine started life as a 223, but I have had many different calibers on it and am getting ready to put a 220 swift on it.

Thanks, Wes

RP12
01-06-2014, 10:08 PM
I would like to know more about that sear as well.

ky-n
01-06-2014, 10:13 PM
The part I ordered was 1349210G Sear, what I received has a part number of 1349210 Super Sear. Looking at it I can see no difference other than the length of the arm.

jayebirdwell
01-06-2014, 10:36 PM
I don't see many people hear suggesting them but I have had good luck with timney triggers for the savage. Easy to adjust down to 1 1/2 lbs. with no creep or over travel and breaks clean. Not a bad price point either.

Westcliffe01
01-06-2014, 11:13 PM
See, that is what is baffling. If I run the part number you list at Numrich, all the part numbers that come up are out of stock and have been for months. Curious how you managed to order one ? Did you phone in your order ? Numrich has the parts but lists them as being sold out anyway ?

RP12
01-06-2014, 11:35 PM
The part I ordered was 1349210G Sear, what I received has a part number of 1349210 Super Sear. Looking at it I can see no difference other than the length of the arm.What rifles did they originally come on ? Anyone know the back ground of them ? I never heard of them before. I would really like to know.

ky-n
01-07-2014, 12:12 AM
I ordered on line for a model 112 FVSS-S and it was shown as in stock until I placed the order then it almost immediately went to "Out of Stock". They were the ONLY vendor that was showing a sear in stock when I decided to replace mine. In fact all the 112's show the same 134921G sear part number. A part number that is different from the other models.