PDA

View Full Version : recoil lug question

buxman66
12-29-2013, 04:55 PM
So I'm thinking of threading my 26" 10fp le2 barrel @ the muzzle. When I do this I'd like to replace the recoil lug also as the barrel will be removed to thread. I got on SSS' s site to research them and they have a standard and a large shank. I'm new at this, but I know I have a heavy barrel....so? Maybe someone can clear this up for me. Also, I measured the bottom of the current lug an I got .188" in thickness on the factory lug.will the difference in thickness require any changes to anything I need to know? I'm certain headspace will need to be set again but anything else? I'm gonna check the new choate tac stock I just got to see if the inlet is sufficient for the thicker .240" lug but I'm kinda lost after that. This will all be done by a g.s. that knows what he's doing rather than me.lol thanks for any help.

buxman66
12-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks stang.....yep, checked the choate stock and there's more than enuff room. So,....ill need the small (or regular shank), does changing the lug change anything else?

stangfish
12-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Removed

buxman66
12-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the schooling stang,i'll pass that along to him.

Eta: would it be a good idea to purchase a new barrel nut? I'm not sure
the orignal has been taken off before and it could get boogered up trying to get it off.

buxman66
12-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Thank you much!