PDA

View Full Version : 110cl j series detachable mag

Marlon110
12-28-2013, 10:31 PM
First time on here , I read a lot and figured time to start asking a few questions. I have a 110cL j series detachable mag , staggered feed in 7mm . The action bolt spacing on this rifle is 5 1/16. The problem I have is that it has the old style mag release on the side of the stock. I got the gun given to me free , but the stock is completely destroyed , I want to find a tacical/hunting stock but seems i need to convert this to either blind mag or a "newer style dm". Maybe cdi bottom metal and new mag? I've done some research but could really use some help / advise / Suggestion
Thanks again :)

J.Baker
12-29-2013, 01:18 AM
First, you can't convert it to the newer style detachable magazine - the machine cuts on the bottom of the action are totally different. (and before some wise-butt chimes in saying "sure you can with a few modification," let me clarify that it's not a simple parts swap).

As for a replacement stock for what you currently have, good luck! Stocks for the old side-button mag release guns are few and far between. Easiest and cheapest solution would be to convert to the blind magazine. Only other option would be the CDI bottom metal (pricey), and then you have to also have a stock custom inlet to accept it (even more money).

Yeah, I'd be going the blind magazine box/Boyds replacement stock route and be back at the range for under $150.

Marlon110
12-29-2013, 11:18 AM
J. ,
Thanks for the reply , much appreciated. The blind mag option has been my first choice for "ease" of conversion but do not want to completely rule out dbm ( within reason )From everything I can find on information regarding my problem , and please correct me if I'm wrong ( my wife suggest I always am). If I was to get a cdi long action staggered feed mag and bottom metal ( available in Canada) is there work required to the bottom of the action? Or is this only required when converting to center feed?
The one reason I don't want to rule out cdi option is that. Every parts supplier on this continent seems back ordered and the common parts like spring and follower ( savage parts)
What do you think?