PDA

View Full Version : Making a blind mag into a factory DBM

RyanG
12-28-2013, 12:00 AM
I am waiting for a model 110 in 7mm mag to arrive, its in a factory plastic stock and has a blind mag. I will be replacing the stock with a Boyds tacticool. Whay i want to do is convert it to a factory DBM mag system. I really like the DBM for hunting. They are just easy in and out of the car. Anyway my question is..... can factory DBM work into a blind mag action? I know that the stock has to be DBM and I need the mag parts.....

I thought I had seen a post a few weeks ago but for the life of me I cant find it now.

bootsmcguire
12-28-2013, 01:23 AM
If it is a Centerfeed Action then yes, all you need is a the factory DBM hardware, mag, and stock inletted for such and you are set to go. If is it an older staggerfeed model then there is a bit more modification to it than that, but it can be done in many cases.

BoilerUP
12-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Could one not run their staggerfeed long action as a centerfeed by simply removing the attached mag well?

I dunno if the action inlet is different...

RyanG
12-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Bioler, that was my thought too. I dont know if the rifle is going to be SF or CF so I will have to wait to get my hands on it.

bootsmcguire
12-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Could one not run their staggerfeed long action as a centerfeed by simply removing the attached mag well?

I dunno if the action inlet is different...

A little bit of material needs to be removed from the mag opening on the action to get the SF action to clear the CF mag in a CF stock on a Long action.

Westcliffe01
12-28-2013, 04:09 PM
I am in this exact same position. I got a long action for a 6.5x284 build and it came with the double stack magazine. It used to be a 7mm Mag. What a battle just to get the old mag well off the action ??? I have absolutely no idea how they fitted it in the first place ?? Some Ideas that Savage has fielded over the years are just as dubious as hell.

I also note like mentioned by others, that stock of Savage parts seems to have dried up some time in mid 2013 and has just not come back. I did get a bottom metal and DBM for a different long action build that was on an original centerfeed action and that just bolted right up. But I have not found more hardware since about June 13.

Worst come to worst, I will do another single shot adaption using a piece of aluminum sheet and just wait (if ever) for the stock of parts to come back, something similar to rimfire ammo...