PDA

View Full Version : Axis Detachable Mag to Premium Centerfeed DMB

Rups63
12-26-2013, 02:07 PM
If one ordered the parts to replace the Axis style bottom 'metal' and detachable magazine to either the Premium Centerfeed DBM or hinged floorplate, would the new parts drop right in? Or, would some fitting need to be done to the stock?

LoneWolf
12-26-2013, 02:23 PM
I don't think it will work at all unless you have a stock inletted for it. The factory stock doesn't have bottom metal, but a plastic piece that includes the trigger guard.

J.Baker
12-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Depends on the setup you currently have. If you currently have the separate plastic surround piece and the bolt release is in front of the trigger guard then yes - the metal replacement will drop right in.

Rups63
12-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Depends on the setup you currently have. If you currently have the separate plastic surround piece and the bolt release is in front of the trigger guard then yes - the metal replacement will drop right in.

This is the case! Thanks! Another question - is the Premium system that much better than the Axis system? I don't really like the plastic magazine retention tab on the Axis style magazine, but I haven't found any cases of it breaking from normal use. Is one system preferable to the other, or might it boil down to personal preference?

LoneWolf
12-26-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't think it will work at all unless you have a stock inletted for it. The factory stock doesn't have bottom metal, but a plastic piece that includes the trigger guard.

Never mind I thought you were speaking of an Axis rifle. When you are only referring to the style of magazine

brasse
12-27-2013, 06:38 PM
The metal DBM is much better. No more forcing the magazine, the metal just snaps in.